PDA

View Full Version : Crutchfield tried to...

jonbauer
2008-03-07, 16:42
...talk me out of buying the Duet. I pre-ordered it over a month ago. They called me yesterday and said "you know that the Duet cannot stream DRM music like iTunes..." I said, yep - I know. They said "we can cancel your order if you like..." I said "nope, I still want it." They said "It is shipping on the 27th, are you sure?" I said "yup."

Firstly, why are they trying to talk me out of it? Secondly, why is it shipping so late!!!?

- Jon

gorman
2008-03-07, 16:58
Logitech should look into this. Having retail boycotting your products is a sure way to failure.

mrfantasy
2008-03-07, 17:26
Any reason you're not buying it from Slim Devices? Looks like it's the same price at Crutchfield.

...talk me out of buying the Duet. I pre-ordered it over a month ago. They called me yesterday and said "you know that the Duet cannot stream DRM music like iTunes..." I said, yep - I know. They said "we can cancel your order if you like..." I said "nope, I still want it." They said "It is shipping on the 27th, are you sure?" I said "yup."

Firstly, why are they trying to talk me out of it? Secondly, why is it shipping so late!!!?

- Jon

jonbauer
2008-03-07, 17:33
Any reason you're not buying it from Slim Devices? Looks like it's the same price at Crutchfield.

I got a pretty good discount at Crutchfield for placing other orders through them...

- Jon

funkstar
2008-03-08, 01:01
I got a pretty good discount at Crutchfield for placing other orders through them...

- Jon
Could that be why they wanted you to cancel the order? They maybe realised they weren't going to make any money out of the transaction.

jonbauer
2008-03-08, 19:05
Could that be why they wanted you to cancel the order? They maybe realised they weren't going to make any money out of the transaction.

Yes, could very well be. I still don't really like it.

- Jon