PDA

View Full Version : Duet Receiver Bridge Question

JasonJoel
2008-03-07, 16:04
Got my Duet today and i is working 'OK'. The main issue I am having now is that my wireless strength is not great where I want to put it.

HOWEVER, I have a WIRED ethernet connection in that area. So I configured the receiver to use that, and it works great.

But I still have the issue of low strength with my controller which is leading to laggy performance, and a less than stellar experience.

Can I somehow have the controller use the receiver itself as its wireless connection and use the bridging feature to connect the controller to the rest of the world?

I tried poking around with the receiver, but I couldn't find anything obvious about bridging in the setup.

Jason

Ross L
2008-03-07, 16:25
Yes. Reset both and run through setup, if Squeezebox Receiver has an Ethernet connection you'll see an option to "Connect using Squeezebox" rather than "Connect to other wireless network"

JasonJoel
2008-03-07, 16:43
Yup! That worked. The first time I setup the controller I did not have the wired ethernet connection plugged in so did not get that option.

Took but a few seconds to setup and works perfectly. Made the remote MUCH more responsive. Went from 25% signal strength to basically maxed out.

THANKS for the guidance.

Now if I can just get it to play Sirius radio...

Jason

itm
2008-08-27, 15:34
I have a Duet receiver upstairs and a media centre next to my wireless access point downstairs. Is it possible to switch the Duet controller between using the receiver and the wireless access point, depending on where I am in the house?

radish
2008-08-27, 16:50
I have a Duet receiver upstairs and a media centre next to my wireless access point downstairs. Is it possible to switch the Duet controller between using the receiver and the wireless access point, depending on where I am in the house?

Not automatically, you'd have to do it manually. I think there's an enhancement request already open to have it switch between AP's based on signal strength - it wouldn't be a bad idea to add the SBR to that.

itm
2008-08-28, 00:24
The SB Receiver doesn't show up on the list of wireless networks on the SB Controller. How do I get it to appear on the list?

itm
2008-09-01, 14:56
Not automatically, you'd have to do it manually. I think there's an enhancement request already open to have it switch between AP's based on signal strength - it wouldn't be a bad idea to add the SBR to that.

When you say "do it manually", do you mean I'd need to do a factory reset on the controller every time I wanted to switch between using the receiver and using the wireless access point? Doing a reset is the only way that I've found of configuring the controller to use the receiver as its wireless connection.

radish
2008-09-01, 15:04
When you say "do it manually", do you mean I'd need to do a factory reset on the controller every time I wanted to switch between using the receiver and using the wireless access point? Doing a reset is the only way that I've found of configuring the controller to use the receiver as its wireless connection.

It's not something I've really played with to be honest, but it doesn't surprise me that you'd have to do a reset for that kind of config change. Obviously could be made more convenient :)