PDA

View Full Version : Duet- SmartGain

brdbointx
2008-03-07, 14:22
I know someone can easily tell me this --

What is "Smart Gain"

I noticed on the settings menu of the SB Controller there are volume adjustment for none, track gain, album gain and smart gain. Is this like volume leveling? What is the diference between the three?

dem
2008-03-07, 14:39
If you look up settings like this in the SqueezeCenter web interface, you can find useful popup help windows.

radish
2008-03-07, 15:10
Although you do have to figure out that "Smart Gain" and "Volume Adjustment/Replay Gain" are the same thing :)

dem
2008-03-07, 15:15
Although you do have to figure out that "Smart Gain" and "Volume Adjustment/Replay Gain" are the same thing :)

Actually it's called "Volume Adjustment" on the Controller and "Volume Adjustment/Replay Gain" on the web UI. The hard part is probably finding where the setting is located if you're not familiar with how the settings are arranged in the web UI.

radish
2008-03-07, 15:30
Actually it's called "Volume Adjustment" on the Controller and "Volume Adjustment/Replay Gain" on the web UI. The hard part is probably finding where the setting is located if you're not familiar with how the settings are arranged in the web UI.

Thanks for the correction, I don't have an SBC in front of me. Which makes me think of something - I do like the help popups in SC7, maybe we could add something similar to Jive. Have one of the slideup alerts describing a menu option if you leave it focussed for a few seconds.

brdbointx
2008-03-07, 16:00
Thanks all - I thought so, but this was a bit confusing. I tend to use SN the most. Even though I now have my Duet and 3 SB3's, I did not install SQ7 yet so I missed the help file. I have an Infrant running 6.54 and I figured I would just wait for the Infrant release...plus I LOVE SN. With MP3 Tunes in the mix it really is a complete, no computer solution (as long as they keep the bandwidth power up to par).