PDA

View Full Version : Cannot customize the order of Podcasts or RSS

thing-fish
2008-03-07, 08:29
In SlimServer, I was able to rearrange the order of Podcasts or RSS feeds. It was a pain: if I found a new RSS feed I wanted to come first, I had to paste it in the first box, paste what used to be in the first box into the second, second to third, etc. Same with Podcasts.

While I am enjoying SqueezeCenter (THANK YOU PEOPLE for the local Rhapsody integration. Not having to go to SqueezeNetwork itself = my family using Squeezebox more and probably getting a 2nd one, mixing Rhapsody and local content in the same playlist is GREAT), it is actually kind of important to me to be able to resequence these and unless I'm missing something, there's no way to do it at all.

Should I file a bug/feature request or is this post sufficient? Also, does this get stored in a file or database table somewhere so that I can change it in the meantime?

thanks much!

mherger
2008-03-07, 09:12
> Should I file a bug/feature request or is this post sufficient?

Please file an enhancement request. Thanks!

> does this get stored in a file or database table somewhere so that I
> can change it in the meantime?

It's in plugin/podcast.prefs or rssnews.prefs - just make a backup first. And only edit those files after you've shut down SC.

--

Michael

thing-fish
2008-03-07, 09:34
> Should I file a bug/feature request or is this post sufficient?

Please file an enhancement request. Thanks!

Will do!

> does this get stored in a file or database table somewhere so that I
> can change it in the meantime?

It's in plugin/podcast.prefs or rssnews.prefs - just make a backup first. And only edit those files after you've shut down SC.

I will do that too, thank you. But I have a question. What's the right way to shut down SC? Last night when I was upgrading I saw that there was a process that seemed to always keep SC running, and a separate process that was actually SC. When I installed plug-ins I killed the SC process and then it seemed to automatically restart. To fully shut it down I assume I kill that restarting script, then kill the server. But then how do I start it back up!

I could swear that there used to be a .pl in the past where I could just say slimserver.pl stop or something, but I couldn't find the equivalent last night. Please note that despite running Squeeze products on FreeBSD or Xunbutu for like six years now, my skillz are far from elite ;) Heck, I still don't even have MusicIP autostarting or Squeeze dependent on it starting first; those rare times when I have to reboot I have to go start it manually. Now that Squeeze doesn't appear to have a dynamic plugin load I don't know *what* I'm going to do with that situation (sharpen my skills, I guess, lol!)

Thanks for your help, Michael, looking forward to your response

Mark Lanctot
2008-03-07, 11:59
I could swear that there used to be a .pl in the past where I could just say slimserver.pl stop or something, but I couldn't find the equivalent last night. Please note that despite running Squeeze products on FreeBSD or Xunbutu for like six years now, my skillz are far from elite ;)

On Xubuntu:

sudo /etc/init.d/squeezecenter stop

and

sudo /etc/init.d/squeezecenter start

This also comes in handy:

sudo /etc/init.d/squeezecenter restart

Not sure about FreeBSD, but those three work on my Ubuntu 7.10 systems.

thing-fish
2008-03-07, 12:21
Not sure about FreeBSD, but those three work on my Ubuntu 7.10 systems.

Thank you SO much, Mark!

Mark Lanctot
2008-03-07, 12:25
You're welcome!

I firmly believe those three plus the CLI install commands are all that's needed for a headless/"GUI-less" SC server, say on Ubuntu Server. Everything else is done through the web GUI on a networked PC.