PDA

View Full Version : Controller can't connect via wireless

Balthazar_B
2008-03-07, 07:45
Just received my Duet set yesterday and have experienced a couple of problems (the other will be in the Linux forum). The first major problem is that the Controller is not able to see my wireless network SSID (or connect to it if I manually enter it via Other Network). I'd be pulling my hair out if I had any.

A few facts to start:

1) I'm using a Cisco 1240AG AP with a VERY strong signal (perhaps the cause of my hair loss?). I've got it operating on its G radio, with AES/CCM ciphers. I'm on a slightly older version of Cisco's IOS sofware (12.3(8)JA2). I can post a sanitized version of my AP config if requested.

2) My SB3s have had no problem connecting to the wireless network; occasionally, I've had issues with other devices (e.g., the odd laptop) that has required updating its network drivers.

3) While trying to connect last night, my network's SSID came up for just an instant on the Controller, then disappeared before I could complete the connection.

4) The Controller detects a couple of much weaker SSIDs in my neighborhood, so I know it's not "blind".

Where should I go from here? Suggestions?

Thanks to all!

DVB
2008-03-07, 07:52
The first thing I'd do would be to update to the latest IOS and try it again. Other than that please post your config. As I suggested in the other thread - if you want, I'll post mine for comparison.

/DVB

Mark Lanctot
2008-03-07, 11:17
I've got it operating on its G radio, with AES/CCM ciphers.

Based on what you wrote, I'd say you're much more advanced at networking than I am - but what do you mean by this? WPA/AES or WPA2/AES? If you're using AES, you must use WPA2 - if you're using WPA, switch to TKIP.

Balthazar_B
2008-03-07, 20:55
The first thing I'd do would be to update to the latest IOS and try it again. Other than that please post your config. As I suggested in the other thread - if you want, I'll post mine for comparison.

/DVB

Good suggestion...I updated the firmware (but made no config changes) and although the Controller couldn't see the network, entering the SSID and key by hand effected a connection.

Next time I'm in London, I'll owe you a pint :).

DVB
2008-03-07, 20:59
Next time I'm in London, I'll owe you a pint :).

With pleasure :)