PDA

View Full Version : duet problems

tkennelly
2008-03-07, 07:11
Connects to network fine. Internet radio works fine as well, however none of my music files on my server show up on the duet remote. I have a slimserver v.3 that has been and is trouble free. Running 7.0

tkennelly
2008-03-07, 07:59
Connects to network fine. Internet radio works fine as well, however none of my music files on my server show up on the duet remote. I have a slimserver v.3 that has been and is trouble free. Running 7.0

I should mention that it will play music from the server folders if I use the computer interface

Ben Sandee
2008-03-07, 08:10
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 8:59 AM, tkennelly <
tkennelly.35wqpz1204902002 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> tkennelly;276365 Wrote:
> > Connects to network fine. Internet radio works fine as well, however
> > none of my music files on my server show up on the duet remote. I have
> > a slimserver v.3 that has been and is trouble free. Running 7.0
>
> I should mention that it will play music from the server folders if I
> use the computer interface
>

I'm guessing you might be connected to SqueezeNetwork rather than your local
SqueezeCenter instance. On the Duet choose the Music Sources menu option
and see if you can choose a different source.

Ben

JimC
2008-03-07, 08:37

Check your music source. Home > Settings > Music Source. It's possible that you have your music source set to SqueezeNetwork rather than SqueezeCenter.

With SC7, if you provide your SN login information, you should be able to access all of the SN services, in addition to your local music.

If your computer's name isn't listed, check that SC7 is running, and that it isn't blocked by a firewall (even if you had SlimServer working, with the name change you might have to retrain your firewall).

-=> Jim

tkennelly
2008-03-07, 08:41
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 8:59 AM, tkennelly <
tkennelly.35wqpz1204902002 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

>
> tkennelly;276365 Wrote:
> > Connects to network fine. Internet radio works fine as well, however
> > none of my music files on my server show up on the duet remote. I have
> > a slimserver v.3 that has been and is trouble free. Running 7.0
>
> I should mention that it will play music from the server folders if I
> use the computer interface
>

I'm guessing you might be connected to SqueezeNetwork rather than your local
SqueezeCenter instance. On the Duet choose the Music Sources menu option
and see if you can choose a different source.

Ben

I've connected via both interfaces, but none of my music folders show up on the handheld within SqueezeCenter. As I mentioned it does recognize all music chosen and played via the SqueezeCenter interface on my pc and I can even pause/stop these files via the handheld.

tkennelly
2008-03-07, 08:47
Check your music source. Home > Settings > Music Source. It's possible that you have your music source set to SqueezeNetwork rather than SqueezeCenter.

With SC7, if you provide your SN login information, you should be able to access all of the SN services, in addition to your local music.

If your computer's name isn't listed, check that SC7 is running, and that it isn't blocked by a firewall (even if you had SlimServer working, with the name change you might have to retrain your firewall).

-=> Jim

thanks

I'll check it out after work

tkennelly
2008-03-07, 16:06
thanks

I'll check it out after work

No luck, the remote shows music source as my server which is correct. I do not see a music source option within Squeezecenter settings.

JimC
2008-03-07, 19:18
No luck, the remote shows music source as my server which is correct. I do not see a music source option within Squeezecenter settings.

If you use Music Folder (Home > Music Library > Music Folder) instead of the regular browse functions, can you at least see your music?

The next step I would try would be to clear and rescan the music library. On the SqueezeCenter web interface, go to Settings > Basic Settings then select "Clear library and rescan everything". That will completely rebuild the database SC7 uses to display your music.

If that fails, I'd try deleting the cache (download the user manual for instructions -- see the Troubleshooting section) and then doing another clear and rescan.

After that, I'm out of ideas... maybe someone with more knowledge of the workings of the database / controller interface would have some input.

-=> Jim

tkennelly
2008-03-07, 21:38
If you use Music Folder (Home > Music Library > Music Folder) instead of the regular browse functions, can you at least see your music?

The next step I would try would be to clear and rescan the music library. On the SqueezeCenter web interface, go to Settings > Basic Settings then select "Clear library and rescan everything". That will completely rebuild the database SC7 uses to display your music.

If that fails, I'd try deleting the cache (download the user manual for instructions -- see the Troubleshooting section) and then doing another clear and rescan.

After that, I'm out of ideas... maybe someone with more knowledge of the workings of the database / controller interface would have some input.

-=> Jim

Uninstalled and reinstalled Squeezecenter and all is well.

Thanks for the feedback