PDA

View Full Version : announcing squeezeplay firefox plugin

danaronson
2008-03-05, 12:39
After wanted it for quite a while, I finally dove into the world of firefox plugins to come up with one that allows you to send music links to play on your squeezebox. You "play" a link by selecting the "Play URL on Squeezebox" menu item that appears on the popup menu that you get by mouse-right (cntrl-mouse for you mac fans) on a URL. The first time you try to play a link you will be prompted to enter the url of your squeezecenter (something like selecting the http://localhost:9000) and then given a option to pick which squeezebox the link should play to. There is also a new menu option under the Tools menu to reset the squeezecenter/squeezebox destination.

This has been tested with SqueezeCenter (7.0), not yet with any previous release.

Attached is the squeezeplay extension. Unfortunately, the extension of the file needs to be .xpi, but I couldn't upload a file with that extension, so I renamed it. Save it as squeezeplay.xpi. To load the extension into firefox, do an "Open File" to squeezeplay.xpi.

XPI files are just renamed zip files, so you can also unzip this to look at it's contents. Enjoy and please let me know of any comments/problems.

peter
2008-03-05, 13:28
danaronson wrote:
> Attached is the squeezeplay extension. Unfortunately, the extension of
> the file needs to be .xpi, but I couldn't upload a file with that
> extension, so I renamed it. Save it as squeezeplay.xpi. To load the
> extension into firefox, do an "Open File" to squeezeplay.xpi.
>

Sounds great, but I believe the Squeezeplay name is already taken (by
Logitech) for the Controller software as well as a desktop version of
it, so you might want to choose another one.

Regards,
Peter

pichonCalavera
2008-03-05, 17:29
Yep, Squeezeplay is taken. Lets call it Squeezefox :P

Gonna try it when I get home.

tyler_durden
2008-03-05, 23:14
How is this thing installed?

TD

kidstypike
2008-03-05, 23:28
Open Firefox, > File > Open File.
Then, Tools > Add-ons > locate Squeezeplay, click on options.

HTH

kidstypike

twylie
2008-03-06, 06:22
Is this an updated version of squeezefox?

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=34769&highlight=squeezefox

danaronson
2008-03-06, 10:51
no squeezefox is a general squeezebox front end/controller. This plugin's single purpose is to send URL's to play to a squeezebox