PDA

View Full Version : Pandora not working on SB3 .....

rsrphotos
2008-03-02, 01:33
I noticed tonight that my SqueezeNetwork menus (SB3) were different and when trying to bring up Pandora (I have a paid subscription to stream to my SB3, and it works fine on my computer) it says "Pandora error. Press and old brightness button to reload firmware". Thus entering the endless loop of firmware upgrades to no effect. Rhapsody also give the same error message btw, although I am not a Rhapsody subscriber. Other things on SqueezeNetwork seem to work, Internet Radio stations for instance. I can log in to my squeezenetwork account and things look fine there, Pandora passwords in place etc...

I have SoftSqeeze on my computer which can connect to my Pandora stations just fine.

What gives and who is going to fix this, I assume this is an SB3 / SqeezeNetwork compatibility issue with their server upgrades I am reading about here.

Help anyone?

y360
2008-03-02, 04:18
Have you tried to ignore the message and press the back arrow on the remote after being prompted to upgrade the second time (i.e. after first upgrade succeeded) ?
It encountered the same issue and it worked for me

GeeJay
2008-03-02, 04:56
I experienced the same problem yesterday. I finally took a closer look at the SB3 error message itself and realized I needed to right or down arrow over to the solution: a firmware update (sorry I can't give precise instructions; my memory isn't that good).

Everything worked fine after that, although I did notice that when I went back to SqueezeCenter I was asked to do the same thing again...haven't tried again to see if this is a bug or I really did need two firmware updates.

Quick update: I just checked out the firmware versions on my three SB3's. All show version 81. I don't think I updated all three, so I'm not sure I really needed the firmware update. I may try to tinker with this a little more today.

y360
2008-03-02, 07:09
81 is the firmware that was in effect with SlimServer 6.5.4 and the old SN

86 is the firmware in latest SC 7.0 and the new SN

86 is required for Pandora & Rhapsody in the new SN

rsrphotos
2008-03-02, 10:16
Yup, "upgrading" the firmware by holding the brightness button and then pushing "back" does indeed bring up a working Pandora menu. However when I then go to reconnect to my SlimServer (now called SqueezeCenter, yuck) I have to "upgrade" the firmware again and when I then go back to SN, back to square one.

I am running 6.5.4 and the SB3 shows Firwmare 81.

Do I need to go to server v7 to make this all work? It is still in beta according to the webpage. I don't have the patience to deal with a beta for this frankly.

dem
2008-03-02, 12:01
Do I need to go to server v7 to make this all work? It is still in beta according to the webpage. I don't have the patience to deal with a beta for this frankly.

In all likelihood SC7 will be released next week, but it's really been quite stable for some time.

One of the great features in SC7 is not having to switch to SqueezeNetwork to listen to Pandora (or Rhapsody, or Slacker, or Podcasts...). You just select these services from the normal menus after you've set them up on SN.

y360
2008-03-02, 13:37
For all practical purposes SC7 is needed now otherwise you end up toggling firmwares.
SC7 works fine for me.

keycat02
2008-03-02, 15:26
I had the same problem with repeated requests to upgrade the firmware. Upgrading to the beta SC7 fixed it.

rsrphotos
2008-03-02, 15:44
I upgraded to SC7 beta and all is now well.

Except of course I had to completely redo all of my settings. I expect the released version will not require this. I hate to think how many current Squeezebox users are totally in the dark at the moment...