PDA

View Full Version : Squeezecenter...What I'd Really Like to See Someday

Juliozaffo
2008-02-28, 05:51
I have a large music collection that I recently scanned in Squeezecenter 7.0. In browsing through my collection I have witnessed some problems with the way the tags are interpreted. For example, I have an album with out of order tracks. I'm guessing this is because the last two tracks are somehow tagged with a disc number and the rest aren't. So the tracks on this album are listed as 2-10 & then 1 and 11. I used MP3tag to remove all tags and then did a rescan for new and changed music. This didn't fix things. So, I'm guessing for some reason either MP3tag didn't remove the disc number or Squeezecenter didn't think the tracks had changed. If the latter is the case I'd like to see a "Delete from Database" link so that when I do a rescan the modified files are picked up.

On a side note, does anyone know of a tag editor that displays all of the potential tags in a file? With the editors I'm using I'm not sure where the disc number is coming from.

egd
2008-02-28, 06:33
mp3tag, properly configured.

MuckleEck
2008-02-28, 06:35
On a side note, does anyone know of a tag editor that displays all of the potential tags in a file? With the editors I'm using I'm not sure where the disc number is coming from.

I agree with egd that mp3tag will see all tags that exist in a file, probably in the extended tags section.

slimpy
2008-02-28, 06:44
If you have mp3tag set not to update the file timestamp when you save tags then SS doesn't know that anything has changed (it only looks for changed timestamps).
You need to do a full rescan in this case (Clear library and rescan).

Make sure you only have one set of tags in your files (eg not both id3v1 and id3v2).

-s.

hunta
2008-02-28, 06:56
Also if you're using MusicIP Mixer as your album data source that'll complicate the picture.

Khuli
2008-02-28, 07:03
If your files are mp3, you'll probably find the tags much easier to find (and edit) with ID3Tag-IT (http://www.audio-toolz.de/download.php?id=70001) than with mp3tag.

sellars
2008-02-28, 15:26
Hi,
your issue may also be related to APE tags that your current tagging software does not pick up (I fought a long time with this).

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43167

Workaround: Use Mp3tag to delete all your APE tags and please sign up for the bug mentioned in above thread to be re-opened.

Espen
2008-02-29, 00:40
yWorkaround: Use Mp3tag to delete all your APE tags and please sign up for the bug mentioned in above thread to be re-opened.
That is what I do as well. Spent quite some time and database rescans to figure what was going on.