PDA

View Full Version : This is torture

dagordon
2008-02-27, 08:35
In the process of a major system upgrade, and picked up a Jeff Rowland Concentra II and a pair of ProAc Response D25s. My Transporter arrives on Monday. With my SB3 this sounds fairly heavenly, I really can't wait to hear what it sounds like with the Transporter.

I might have to try to intercept this thing as it makes its way across the country...

darrenyeats
2008-02-27, 09:03
With my SB3 this sounds fairly heavenly, I really can't wait to hear what it sounds like with the Transporter.
This is what it's all about! Enjoy :-)
Darren

haunyack
2008-02-27, 09:44
My Transporter arrives on Monday...

Another "ah-ha" moment in the offing.

PBA
2008-03-04, 11:55
In the process of a major system upgrade, and picked up a Jeff Rowland Concentra II and a pair of ProAc Response D25s. My Transporter arrives on Monday. With my SB3 this sounds fairly heavenly, I really can't wait to hear what it sounds like with the Transporter.

I might have to try to intercept this thing as it makes its way across the country...

TP must be better since no reply yet ... :)

dagordon
2008-03-16, 11:52
I've apparently been too busy enjoying the music to follow up on my own thread.

The Transporter is significantly better than the SB3 (with Bolder modified Elpac power supply, FWIW) in every aspect of musical reproduction. I didn't expect the difference to be as significant as it is. Perhaps the biggest difference to my ears is the extent to which the Transporter conveys a sense of the space around individual instruments.

I love the new system. Got some high res files from www.itrax.com and they sound amazing.