PDA

View Full Version : Problem with standby

gorman
2008-02-27, 03:04
After solving my WOL problem (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41129) I'm now faced with new trouble.

SC7 running as a service, XP SP2, SB2 and SB3 under the same network with static IP addresses. Two user accounts on the machine (apart from the standard Admin), both sharing the same 20' standby setting (checked with powercfg.exe too).

The computer goes to sleep ok after 20' if newly rebooted and nobody has accessed it.

The computer goes to sleep ok after 20' if woken up by SBs and nobody has accessed it.

The computer never goes to sleep if I access it under one of the two users (either one) and then either go back to the logon screen without terminating the session or terminate the session and go back to the logon screen (meaning the machine should be in the same state as when newly reeboted or so I'd say).

The computer goes to sleep ok if put to sleep manually (yellow button in the xp interface), wakes up correctly when woken up by SBs *and* goes to sleep correctly after 20' when the music stops playing.

I tried *everything*.
The Powercfg settings are the same in the two HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/PowerCfg/ and HKEY_USERS/.DEFAULT/Control Panel/PowerCfg/ locations in the registry. Both have standby under AC after 20 minutes.