PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox2 wanted.

jonbauer
2008-02-22, 17:34
Hi All,

My Duet is already on order. I also want to buy a Squeezebox2 for my bedroom to pair with my Audioengine A2Ws (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonbauer/2125369542/) (I returned the one in the picture as it had a hardware defect)

I prefer the aesthetics of the SB2 to the SB3... as I understand it's essentially the same hardware inside, it really IS just an aesthetic choice.

Well, it WOULD be a choice if I could buy one! I've been watching eBay with no luck. Any other suggestions? Anyone want to sell me one here??

- Thanx
- Jon

Nostromo
2008-02-22, 18:32
How about a second Squeezebox Receiver?

jonbauer
2008-02-22, 18:38
How about a second Squeezebox Receiver?

Hu? A second one? Not sure I follow you.

It's on a sidetable in my bedroom - I want the screen...

- Jon

JimC
2008-02-22, 18:43
Hi All,

My Duet is already on order. I also want to buy a Squeezebox2 for my bedroom to pair with my Audioengine A2Ws (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonbauer/2125369542/) (I returned the one in the picture as it had a hardware defect)

I prefer the aesthetics of the SB2 to the SB3... as I understand it's essentially the same hardware inside, it really IS just an aesthetic choice.

Well, it WOULD be a choice if I could buy one! I've been watching eBay with no luck. Any other suggestions? Anyone want to sell me one here??

- Thanx
- Jon

Jon, the image in the picture is the current Squeezebox (affectionately referred to as the SB3) not the Squeezebox 2. Since it looks like you're in the Bay Area, you can buy Squeezeboxes at your local Fry's, or order one online from a bunch of places.

If you're really after the SB2, you might want to wait for our next open house. We sold refurbished SB2s "as-is" for the hobbyists who wanted the older, low profile form-factor. We'll probably be able to scrounge a few more up for the next open house.

-=> Jim

Nostromo
2008-02-22, 20:30
Hu? A second one? Not sure I follow you.

It's on a sidetable in my bedroom - I want the screen...

- Jon

You can control multiple Squeezeboxes with the Squeezebox Controller. Plus the Squeezebox Receiver is also cheaper.

ModelCitizen
2008-02-22, 21:47
He sounds like he wants to use it as a bedside clock/alarm/radio/music player. The Receiver is just not suitable for this. You need a decent screen you can glance at (no hands required)... and preferably a cradle with built in speakers..... or if for the Receiver, the addition of a built in display........ Logitech... :-)

The SB2 certainly does not look out of place as a bedside clock radio.....

MC

peter
2008-02-22, 23:49
ModelCitizen wrote:
> The SB2 certainly does not look out of place as a bedside clock
> radio.....
>

Yeah, that was the main criticism at the time ;)

Regards,
Peter

jonbauer
2008-02-23, 00:04
He sounds like he wants to use it as a bedside clock/alarm/radio/music player. The Receiver is just not suitable for this. You need a decent screen you can glance at (no hands required)... and preferably a cradle with built in speakers..... or if for the Receiver, the addition of a built in display........ Logitech... :-)

The SB2 certainly does not look out of place as a bedside clock radio.....

MC

Exactly. Thanks for translating! :-)

- Jon

SuperQ
2008-02-23, 17:06
I have an SB2 I might be willing to part with.. Where are you located?

TCM
2008-02-24, 08:01
I have an SB2 I might be willing to part with.. Where are you located?

I'm also interested... :)

Fleetwashtb
2008-02-24, 15:44
Here's one. (not mine)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SLIM-DEVICES-SQUEEZEBOX-FREE-YOUR-MUSIC_W0QQitemZ150219202432QQihZ005QQcategoryZ8876 0QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

SuperQ
2008-02-24, 15:48
Here's one. (not mine)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SLIM-DEVICES-SQUEEZEBOX-FREE-YOUR-MUSIC_W0QQitemZ150219202432QQihZ005QQcategoryZ8876 0QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That looks like a SqueezeBox 1, (text VFD, not 11g FCC ID)

Fleetwashtb
2008-02-24, 18:34
That looks like a SqueezeBox 1, (text VFD, not 11g FCC ID)

Sorry about that. I guess I screwed up, he had another one just like it which I purchased but have not yet received. I already have an SB3 and have pre-ordered a Duet. I plan to put this one in a third room. Is it going to cause me any grief since it's a 1 and not a 2?

Thanks
Brad

snarlydwarf
2008-02-24, 20:22
Sorry about that. I guess I screwed up, he had another one just like it which I purchased but have not yet received. I already have an SB3 and have pre-ordered a Duet. I plan to put this one in a third room. Is it going to cause me any grief since it's a 1 and not a 2?

The SB1 has a bunch of limits (ie, no native FLAC/OGG/WMA, WEP only for wireless).

If it's wired, thats not much of a problem: the server will gladly transcode for you and bandwidth isnt an issue. Nor is WEP...

The display isnt as nifty.

Not sure how Squeezenetwork support is for the SB1, as I understand it, if you have a Sb2/3/Duet/Transporter already, it should work fine at least for mp3 content and maybe even wma/ogg if you leave your server on.

JulieL
2008-03-10, 11:24
...preferably wired only but either would be fine. (And especially the modded ones.) Has anyone still got one they want to sell?

radish
2008-03-10, 15:24
I have a silver wireless SB2 which I'm not particularly attached to, if anyone wants it feel free to make me an offer. Bear in mind that I'm perfectly happy with it and I'd want to swap it for something equally useful :)