PDA

View Full Version : Half the left display is not working on the Transporter

toca
2008-02-20, 12:36
I've just innstalled a brand new Transporter, everything worked perfect for a couple of days, when I suddenly noticed that the left display where cutting of the letters at the top. When I change to medium fonts the upper text disapears.

I've done a couple of factory resets and changed the language from Norwegian to English, without any resaults.

After the factory resets the Transporter is displaying the all the fonts correctly, but after 10-15 minutes the left upper field displays just fades out, and turns completly dark.

I tried unplugging the powercord, and the same thing happens, everything works perfect for 10-15 minutes and the it changes.

Any suggestion, is it a hardware fault?

Mark Lanctot
2008-02-20, 12:44
This is a hardware fault caused by a batch of bad displays that had overheating problems.

It seemed to have been limited to some early SB3s though, this is the first case I've seen of a Transporter affected by this.

Contact support.

toca
2008-02-20, 12:55
This is a hardware fault caused by a batch of bad displays that had overheating problems.

It seemed to have been limited to some early SB3s though, this is the first case I've seen of a Transporter affected by this.

Contact support.

Thanks for a quick response, when you write contacte support, do you mean the Internet shop where i bought the Transporter or do you mean somewhere else?

Mark Lanctot
2008-02-20, 13:09
See http://www.slimdevices.com/su_tech.html

E-mail Tech Support

Feel free to contact our support staff using this form with your questions or comments.

Phone Support

Phone support is available from our support team during our regular business hours of 9AM to 7PM Pacific time, Monday through Friday, at +1 (877) 887-8889.

You may also dial us using Gizmo with the URL: sip:support@slimdevices.com

If you are routed to voicemail during those times, please leave a detailed message and we will return your call as soon as we can.

captain cripes
2009-02-05, 18:53
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I have the same issue. Waiting on a reply from tech support, but in the meantime, perhaps toca can chime in and let us know how his issue was resolved? If not, I'll post an update when I have one.

Thanks