PDA

View Full Version : Weird cover art problem

rydenfan
2008-02-15, 07:17
I burned my first batch of discs last night and transfered them into Slimserver. However, I encountered a weird problem. When I go into the albums section one of my albums has the cover art of another album. However, when I actully drill into the album it then has the correct cover art. Can anybody help explain this to me? I am perplexed, thanks so much.

Shredder
2008-02-15, 07:24
That happens to me on occasion. I have no explanation. However, if I open a few album folders and then hit refresh (not rescan) a few times, it corrects. Kind of annoying, but no big deal really.

MuckleEck
2008-02-15, 07:30
Sounds to me like a caching problem of the images and as Shredder says hit refresh and it may clear, however if it is repeatable and is always with the same album there may be other reasons.

Are you using windows/mac/linux, what did you use to put the album art in and what is your folder structure for your music?

rydenfan
2008-02-15, 07:36
It is certainly an odd problem. I will try what you guys have suggested and let you know.

I am using MAX software on an Apple Powerbook laptop. If MAX does not have the album art I download the album art through google image and save it as cover.jpg and place it into the folder. I am brand new to this, so if there is something else I should do let me know.

MuckleEck
2008-02-15, 07:49
Not familiar with MACs or MAX so can't comment on that but it sounds as though you are doing the right thing in putting it in the album directory as a cover.jpg.

Would point more to a cache issue...