PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver/SqueezeCenter Installation

AudioDave
2008-02-15, 07:02
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my SB3 and wanted to get Slimserver installed and ready to go. I tried numerous times to install SlimServer 6.5.4 and was never successful. The installation gets all the way to the "Please wait while installation continues" or something to that effect where the green bar is showing, but it never completes the installation. I then tried installing SqueezeCenter 7. It appeared to install correctly however it never did ask for any setup information, i.e. where my music directory or playlists are located. The instructions state that when I double click on the SqueezeCenter icon, a web interface should pop up and let me do my setup, but the web interface does not come up. I am running Vista 32.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

schatzy
2008-02-15, 07:09
Check this thread it may answer a lot of your questions

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=32578

it is Titled Slimserver Problems Running on Windows Vista

Schatzy

kesey
2008-02-15, 07:13
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my SB3 and wanted to get Slimserver installed and ready to go. I tried numerous times to install SlimServer 6.5.4 and was never successful. The installation gets all the way to the "Please wait while installation continues" or something to that effect where the green bar is showing, but it never completes the installation. I then tried installing SqueezeCenter 7. It appeared to install correctly however it never did ask for any setup information, i.e. where my music directory or playlists are located. The instructions state that when I double click on the SqueezeCenter icon, a web interface should pop up and let me do my setup, but the web interface does not come up. I am running Vista 32.
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

open your browser and enter the URL http:/127.0.0.1:9000/

This will open Squeezecenter as a web page on your browser. On the bottom right hand corner you will see "Settings". Click on Settings and have a nose around. Once you have done that, report back and let us know what you see.

AudioDave
2008-02-18, 18:28
Thanks for your reply, I did as you said and got everything set up perfect!
Thanks again.
Dave