PDA

View Full Version : Your Receiver set up

ModelCitizen
2008-02-15, 01:17
Here's my current Receiver set up (well, my six year old son's anyway). I really think Logitech should produce a cradle and powered speakers for the Receiver. :-)

MC

Nikhil
2008-02-15, 08:24
Is that an audiophile certified bat?

studley
2008-02-17, 08:45
Is that an audiophile certified bat?

My guess is it recreates the higher frequencies. Nice pic.

Skunk
2008-02-17, 08:59
Putting some old surround speakers to good use:

agentsmith
2008-02-20, 23:14
Why are they shipping now?

MickeyG
2008-02-21, 16:55
Why are they shipping now?

Squeezebox Duets are not shipping yet, but will be soon. These photos were taken of units sent (at no charge) to selected members of the Squeezebox community participating in our beta program.

Mickey

P.S. An Squeezebox 2 connected to a Meridian F80? Awesome!

agentsmith
2008-02-21, 20:11
Thanks. I have not had much time to listen to it yet since the wife owns both the bedroom and the living room. I am moving to a new place with my own dedictaed study. Will post a photo once it is set up nice.

Squeezebox Duets are not shipping yet, but will be soon. These photos were taken of units sent (at no charge) to selected members of the Squeezebox community participating in our beta program.

Mickey

P.S. An Squeezebox 2 connected to a Meridian F80? Awesome!

radish
2008-02-21, 21:40
It's not neat - but here's a couple of pics of what I affectionately refer to as the test lab :) Apologies for the terrible pic quality!

peterw
2008-02-22, 11:07
Here's my current Receiver set up (well, my six year old son's anyway).

Your 6-year-old gets to use the Controller? One of the things I like about the Classic is that I can use remotes that cost $20 or less -- so I won't start crying if a child grabs & smashes one. :-)

mflint
2008-02-22, 13:32
It's not neat - but here's a couple of pics of what I affectionately refer to as the test lab :) Apologies for the terrible pic quality!
Ooh, look at you with your *two* Receivers!

ModelCitizen
2008-02-22, 14:48
Your 6-year-old gets to use the Controller?
I didn't say that did I? We practice parental control here.
:-)

MC

CardinalFang
2008-02-29, 11:08
Receiver sitting on top of a MF XDAC V3. Controller out of sight because when it was on the same mains socket as the X-DAC it reset the digital link whenever I dropped it into the holder to charge. So much for the standard Musical Fidelity PSU...

Rest of system is 1977 vintage Pink Triangle (owned since new and upgraded once), Copland CDA 266 and CSA 28 and Rega Ela's. Forgotten what the cables are. As you can tell I don't suffer from upgraditis too often.

slimpy
2008-02-29, 17:28
Just a temporary setup.
The receiver might replace my old and trusty slimp3.
I haven't made up my mind if I can really live without the display, though.

-s.

Paul_B
2008-03-01, 13:22
Thanks for the pics guys. Didn't realise the Receiver was that small.

dem
2008-03-08, 08:27
The Receiver looks good with the smaller Audioengines. They're on shelves behind the bed.

http://dem.smugmug.com/photos/263279688_jMYiR-O.jpg

Bon
2008-04-13, 09:53
I posted my jukebox / Receiver setup in the Squeezebox photo area by mistake. I don't want to double post so this is the link for those that are interested. setup.http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19817&page=83

MuckleEck
2008-05-29, 10:13
One of our cats has decided to protect my receiver.....Musical Fidelity X-A1 in the background....this is the office setup

Mnyb
2008-05-31, 00:19
A duet was in the plans when i'm decided to redecorate my kitchen.

A pair of fostex active PM0.4, you can see the cradle for controller.
The SReciever is behind the toaster at bottom shelf.

tedfroop
2008-09-10, 17:52
Does the Technivorm add to the sound quality? I am looking at getting one now that they are available here. Is it as good as I have heard?

Mnyb
2008-09-12, 08:05
One of the best Coffee machines, you can actually by spares, my uncle has one that is >25 years old still looks the same : ) and works

The advantage is that it has a separate system for boiling the water and heating the pot, so no compromise needed between boiling water fast or burn the coffe in the pot.
I don't know if its actually makes better coffe but the build quality is very good.

keep it clean and use a jug or something to fill it with water, dont use the pot and reintroduce coffee residue into the machine

Tedfroop whats your avatar it looks like Eric Bibb but it's probably somebody else, Eric bibb likes panama hats

bartverwaaijen
2008-09-15, 10:23
Hi I own a squeezebox duette with 2 receivers. One is attatched to my stereo system through a Apogee mini Dac. The other is feeding a Tivoli PAL in my pc-room. I run squeezecenter on the sony ux, works fine for me.

ralphpnj
2008-09-21, 03:43
Hi I own a squeezebox duette with 2 receivers. One is attatched to my stereo system through a Apogee mini Dac. The other is feeding a Tivoli PAL in my pc-room. I run squeezecenter on the sony ux, works fine for me.

I know that vinyl pretty much gets little to no respect here on the Slim Devices forum but having your turntable sitting directly on floor really sets a new standard of abuse :) That setup (or should I say "setdown"?) must make for some interesting effects when you put on a dance, er skipping, record.

bartverwaaijen
2008-09-23, 14:58
I know that vinyl pretty much gets little to no respect here on the Slim Devices forum but having your turntable sitting directly on floor really sets a new standard of abuse :) That setup (or should I say "setdown"?) must make for some interesting effects when you put on a dance, er skipping, record.

Hehe, right you are. But as you can see I do not have very much room to spare. Before this it occupied a place on my desk but in line with the speakers and that was much worse. Be side's it's a concrete floor and all my speakers are placed on spikes and 4 cm stone's. Further more the turntable is a suspended design.

But still, yes you are absolutly correct. As soon as I have invested some more money on the transport I will place it correct, I promise.

tedfroop
2008-10-02, 11:00
Thanks for the reply, if it lasts that long its worth what they are asking.

The avatar is Keb' Mo'. He is a modern day bluesman, plays a lot of Robert Johnston songs. Saw him play once solo, no band just him and his guitar, and it was an awesome show.

lrossouw
2008-10-28, 04:05
A duet was in the plans when i'm decided to redecorate my kitchen.

A pair of fostex active PM0.4, you can see the cradle for controller.
The SReciever is behind the toaster at bottom shelf.

Looks like you are listening to the coffee machine there :) When your coffee is done doe you get a song from the speakers. Maybe someone should write a plugin...