PDA

View Full Version : Universal Remote Control

broth420
2008-02-12, 07:51
I am looking for a way to control my home theater, and also access the web interface from my 4 transporter/squeezeboxes. Does anyone have any experience with a remote that has wifi built in and can be easily programmed to control various home theater equipement (rotel, integra, moxi, htpc/imon)? I was thinking about the Acoustic Research wifi remote. What about the new duet? Is that a universal remote as well?
Thanks in advance

Shredder
2008-02-12, 08:39
I believe the Pronto has that capability w/ a download developed by a SD forum member. Do a search for Pronto and you will find more info.

The Pronto was more than I wanted to spend on remotes (I need two). I went w/a Harmony One for my HT and TP. Seems great and way less expensive than a Pronto. Don't need access to the web interface as my TP is in easy sight from my seating. When available, I will then get a SD Controller to operate my SB3 which I often use outside the sight of my seating.

USAudio
2008-02-12, 10:21
I believe the new SqueezeBox Controller has a built-in IR transmitter ... can someone here confirm it's capabilities???

Zaragon
2008-02-12, 10:38
I believe that out of the box it doesn't have any. As I understand it the IR emitter isn't even enabled in the firmware at the moment. There is an expectation that it will be enabled in the future and what it will do will be up to the community who design the appropriate plugin.

broth420
2008-02-13, 06:55
So, has anyone used the Philips TSU9600i or TSU9400i remotes? Do they have a browser? Anyone have suggestions? I wouldn't even be opposed to building my own remote on a tablet with IR using third party software. But frankly, my harmony works ok, but to integrate in the nokia770 skin or handheld skin would be sweet.