PDA

View Full Version : No sound from Transporter

joeriz
2008-02-10, 16:13
I've been away for a couple of days. Came home today, turned on the Transporter, and...no sound! My amp is on, volume is up, Transporter works as usual (select song/album/favortite, etc.) and VU meters move but nothing. I know that SOMETHING can make its way out of the RCA jacks because when I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in I got the usual 'pop' through the speakers.

Same problem described here:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=42659&highlight=transporter+sound

except, I don't have any setting on my menu for the RCA outputs. I'm running SC 7, firmware 36.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe

haunyack
2008-02-10, 17:20
I've been away for a couple of days. Came home today, turned on the Transporter, and...no sound! My amp is on, volume is up, Transporter works as usual (select song/album/favortite, etc.) and VU meters move but nothing. I know that SOMETHING can make its way out of the RCA jacks because when I unplugged the unit and plugged it back in I got the usual 'pop' through the speakers.

Same problem described here:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=42659&highlight=transporter+sound

except, I don't have any setting on my menu for the RCA outputs. I'm running SC 7, firmware 36.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe

Have you tried the (factory) <Add + power> / (Xilinx) <1 + power> reset?

joeriz
2008-02-10, 17:58
Have you tried the (factory) <Add + power> / (Xilinx) <1 + power> reset?

Yes...to no avail.

Thanks,
Joe

CatBus
2008-02-10, 22:02
This has happened to me twice after a power outage. Unplug the device, plug it back in. Works fine.

Yeah it's probably a bug.

joeriz
2008-02-11, 06:22
This has happened to me twice after a power outage. Unplug the device, plug it back in. Works fine.

Yeah it's probably a bug.

Tried that, too...several times. No luck.

I don't know why but I have a sneaking suspicion that if I were to go back to SC 6.5 this problem might vanish. The fact that SC 7 doesn't have the "RCA out - on" option makes me wonder. I didn't want to do this but I might try. Or perhaps it's in the firmware as my Squeezeboxes are working fine. But SC 7 and its updated firmware were working fine for at least a week so...what do I know?

Thanks,
Joe

joeriz
2008-02-11, 09:03
OK. I tried going back to SC 6.5.4 with firmware 31. Still no luck. Now I'm worried...

ceejay
2008-02-11, 09:28
I don't know why but I have a sneaking suspicion that if I were to go back to SC 6.5 this problem might vanish. The fact that SC 7 doesn't have the "RCA out - on" option makes me wonder. I didn't want to do this but I might try. Or perhaps it's in the firmware as my Squeezeboxes are working fine. But SC 7 and its updated firmware were working fine for at least a week so...what do I know?

Well, I have a Transporter using its RCA outputs, with several versions of SC7, and I've had no problems. Nor have I ever seen an RCA-out option, I wonder if this is a new feature with FW40 which has just appeared in trunk? (The other thread doesn't seem to say which FW version they are referring to).

I'm currently on FW36, SC7 - 17379.

I would also have recommended the hard reset, which you seem to have done. I therefore suggest you contact support - you have a 2 year warranty, use it!

HTH

joeriz
2008-02-11, 10:33
I called tech support. It turned out to need the xilinx reset. Someone did suggest that (above) and in my haste I only noticed the factory reset recommendation. Sorry 'bout that.

Everything is working fine now.

Thank you,
Joe