PDA

View Full Version : Internet radio fix

IanBT
2004-02-07, 12:20
I am also experiencing internet radio problems with similar symptoms to recent postings (after a few seconds the audio breaks up and eventually completely dies). I am running on a Win2K platform and have updated the server to 5.1 without any improvement. Additionally I have gone from a wireless to a wired connection - no difference. The playing of my local mp3 collection works without problem.

I know the team has been working on this but I just want to let you know that the latest builds haven't fixed it for me. Any further help would be appreciated.

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.580 / Virus Database: 367 - Release Date: 06/02/2004

Jack Coates
2004-02-07, 12:33
On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 11:20, IanBT wrote:
> I am also experiencing internet radio problems with similar
> symptoms to recent postings (after a few seconds the audio
> breaks up and eventually completely dies). I am running on a
> Win2K platform and have updated the server to 5.1 without any
> improvement. Additionally I have gone from a wireless to a
> wired connection - no difference. The playing of my local mp3
> collection works without problem.
>
> I know the team has been working on this but I just want to
> let you know that the latest builds haven't fixed it for me.
> Any further help would be appreciated.
>

server settings > performance > show buffer fullness

Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...
*"Take my hand and dry your tears babe, take my hand and forget *
*your fears babe, there's no more pain, there's no more sorrow, *
*they've all gone, gone in the years babe." *
*-- The Broad Majestic Shannon from If I Should Fall From Grace With *
*God by The Pogues *

Mike Beranek
2004-02-08, 21:01
I've been doing some testing as well with the Feb 8 build. Overall, internet radio is much better but I still get a skip now and then on higher bit-rate streams. One particular time, my buffer only had about "3" squares full and about every 10-15 seconds I could hear a short "skip" which was followed by an immediate decrease in the buffer level showing - getting below "3" squares at times.

Other than these short audible burps a relatively high rate station played consistently for about 1 hr.

If there's some way I can help test/or if you need a solid recreate scenario, please let me know - be glad to help.

Regards,
Mike Beranek

"IanBT" <idrussell (AT) btinternet (DOT) com> wrote in message news:005601c3edaf$7646d880$0600a8c0 (AT) mesh1 (DOT) ..
I am also experiencing internet radio problems with similar symptoms to recent postings (after a few seconds the audio breaks up and eventually completely dies). I am running on a Win2K platform and have updated the server to 5.1 without any improvement. Additionally I have gone from a wireless to a wired connection - no difference. The playing of my local mp3 collection works without problem.

I know the team has been working on this but I just want to let you know that the latest builds haven't fixed it for me. Any further help would be appreciated.

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.580 / Virus Database: 367 - Release Date: 06/02/2004

------------------------------------------------------------------------------