PDA

View Full Version : Dead Squeezebox

2008-02-08, 15:00
Help!

I've just gone to use my Squeezebox 3 and it won't turn on. It normally sits there quite happy connected to SlimServer when my PC was on and showing me the time when the PC was off.

Slimserver tells me that the Squeezebox is turned off.

Now nothing. Just a black screen. I've tried putting the plug into a different socket, taking out the power cord and wiping it, I've held the power button down for 5 seconds to try and wake it up again but nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on? Have I got a dead Squeezebox?

Zaragon
2008-02-08, 15:11
Try defaulting its settings. I can't remember the sequence, I think it is hold 1 whilst plugging in power, but a search of the forums or Wiki will reveal it.

And to be really daft check that the power outlet hasn't been switched off it it has a switch :)

2008-02-08, 15:26
Thanks for the quick reply.

You hold down the add button whilst putting the power cord in to reset it. This didn't work though.

What is strange is both the power outlet and the squeezebox are very cold. They normally run warm.

I can't see a power switch on the squeezebox itself, on the tiny little box that is about a third of the way down the power cable or on the main power outlet.

Where should this be?

radish
2008-02-08, 15:38
If you look closely at the screen (a dark room may help!) do you see any illumination at all? On a functioning SB3, even with the screen "off" you can usually see a few faint dots, from memory they're usually towards the top left. You should also see a red light coming from the optical port on the back.

If none of these are visible I'd say either the SB3 or the power supply is dead.

In either case, you're probably best off calling support: http://www.slimdevices.com/su_tech.html

2008-02-08, 15:47
Nothing. No lights anywhere. Poor thing, it looks quite sad.
I'll try the support line.

Thanks.