PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Squeezebox Sighting

jfalk
2008-02-08, 12:35
For the first time, I saw a squeezebox out front controlling the music in a bar -- in my case, Haru Times Square here in NY. Does anyone else see a lot of squeezeboxes powering public music collections in bars and restaurants? It would seem to be so obvious compared to what most bars generally do. Of course, there may be a lot more behind the scenes, but having the display right there behind the bar will cut short a lot of -- "What's that playing now?"

msherman
2008-02-08, 12:43
jfalk wrote:
> For the first time, I saw a squeezebox out front controlling the music
> in a bar -- in my case, Haru Times Square here in NY. Does anyone else
> see a lot of squeezeboxes powering public music collections in bars and
> restaurants? It would seem to be so obvious compared to what most bars
> generally do. Of course, there may be a lot more behind the scenes, but
> having the display right there behind the bar will cut short a lot of --
> "What's that playing now?"

You didn't happen to have an SBC with you, did you? :)

- Marc

JJZolx
2008-02-08, 13:00
For the first time, I saw a squeezebox out front controlling the music in a bar -- in my case, Haru Times Square here in NY. Does anyone else see a lot of squeezeboxes powering public music collections in bars and restaurants? It would seem to be so obvious compared to what most bars generally do.

Never. But many bars that I go into now play music from iPods. One place I frequent sometimes even lets customers plug in their own iPods and play short sets. Makes for some interesting listening.

paltomare
2008-02-08, 13:43
We are successfully using an SB3/SN for music throughout our office and for telephone hold music. The SB3 is neatly tucked away though.

SuperQ
2008-02-08, 14:30
If I remember correctly, Caffe Tempo in Minneapolis has a squeezebox for music, but it's up to the barista if they use it or an iPod.