PDA

View Full Version : Receiver no headphone output

JohnH
2008-02-07, 15:12
Looking to upgrade SB3 with duet. Have wireless headphones plugged in to SB3. How can I replicate this with Duet setup?

seanadams
2008-02-07, 15:15
Looking to upgrade SB3 with duet. Have wireless headphones plugged in to SB3. How can I replicate this with Duet setup?

Since the wireless headphone transmitter doesn't need amplification, you should be able to do it with a passive RCA male -> 3.5mm female adaptor

ceejay
2008-02-07, 15:25

Not quite the question asked, but I'm curious to know in what sense you consider the Duet to be an "upgrade" from the SB3? If its the remote you want, wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy a Controller?

Ceejay

Zaragon
2008-02-07, 15:33
I though Sean did answer the question, the SBR doesn't have a headphone output only the RCA connectors so if John has his wireless headphones plugged into the headphone socket then all he will need is a suitable adaptor. He would then have replicated the SB3 with wireless headphones.

How the question is read depends upon ones own expectations, I'd guess you were thinking he meant how does he get sound out of the SBC to 'replicate' the wireless listening.

ceejay
2008-02-07, 15:43
I though Sean did answer the question, the SBR doesn't have a headphone output only the RCA connectors so if John has his wireless headphones plugged into the headphone socket then all he will need is a suitable adaptor. He would then have replicated the SB3 with wireless headphones.

How the question is read depends upon ones own expectations, I'd guess you were thinking he meant how does he get sound out of the SBC to 'replicate' the wireless listening.

If this was meant to be a response to my post, you've missed entirely my point. Sean did indeed answer the question asked. I was asking another one....

Zaragon
2008-02-07, 15:48
Ceejay, I apologise. I did indeed miss your point. See I was right about expectations (mine not yours) :)

JohnH
2008-02-08, 15:29
It's an upgrade in the context of adding another SB in the home. Having the controller is a further benefit.

mvalera
2008-02-08, 15:52
That's definitely an upgrade, and you save $50 on buying them separately.

Mike