PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeCenter problem on XP

Stoker
2008-02-07, 13:13
Hi

I've just installed SC7 on my Windows XP pro (sp2) machine and when I try to connect to 127.0.0.1:9000 I get:

"The connection was reset - The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." message from Firefox

or:

"The page cannot be displayed" message from Internet Explorer.

The icon in my systray says that SqueezeCenter is running, I don't have any firewall running on this PC and I've tried disabling my virus checker just in case. I've also disabled the apache server that was running on this PC and have tried several re-boots. Nothing has made any difference.

Any ideas?

Phil Leigh
2008-02-07, 13:21
do you get the same thing when you double-click on the systray icon?

Stoker
2008-02-07, 14:38
Yes, double clicking on the systray icon gives exactly the same message from Firefox.

Phil Leigh
2008-02-07, 15:17
hmmm...and you've rebooted?

Zaragon
2008-02-07, 15:46
You mention that you don't have any firewall running on this machine, by which I assume you mean that you haven't installed one. Have you also turned off the windows firewall since SP2 turned it on by default.

SqueezeCentre should have enabled the ports on the windows firewall but it would be worth checking. Though I'm not sure that would give a connection reset message more likely there wouldn't be any response at all generating a not found message.

Stoker
2008-02-07, 15:53
Hi Guys

Thanks for the responces

Phil: Yes, I've re-booted, many times.

Zaragon: My Windows firewall is disabled and there is no other firewall installed on my PC, there is a firewall in my router but I don't think this should effect local access.

I don't know whether this is relevant or not but I'll mention it anyway: When I installed SC on my Windows PC, SlimServer was still running on my Debian box and my squeezebox was playing an internet radio station. The Debian box is on the same network but obviously has a different IP address to my Windows PC. I have since turned the Debian box off and it made no difference to the behviour that I'm seeing.

Anoop M.
2008-02-07, 16:33
Who makes your anti virus? If it is Norton or McAfee and you have the installation disks, you may want to try uninstalling as these programs usually leave stuff running in the background.

Stoker
2008-02-08, 02:08
My anti-virus is by Avast, a friend who has exactly the same hardware as me and also uses Avast had no problems when he installed SC last night.

I'm thinking that I might try uninstalling and then re-installing SC