PDA

View Full Version : Duet receiver - input voltage 110v / 240v

guinness
2008-02-07, 08:10
hi all,

I did search on this topic and found some answers on shipping from US and specifying UK plug etc.. but I'm thinking that things have changed as regards global shipping, with the Logitech involvement.

Anyway, my brother-in-law is off to the states next month and I'd really like him to bring/post me a back a Duet, so my question is: Although the plug is obviously the wrong shape, is the input voltage actually 110-240v, or is it 110v only on the US version?

For example I had an HP IPAQ PDA from the states, and it just uses a converter plug to change the shape, rather than voltage.

If not, I guess I can find myself a regulated 5v supply over here without too much hassle.

thanks!

adamslim
2008-02-07, 08:37
My UK beta has a 100-240 SMPS and a UK plug attachment supplied separately. If you are going to get yourself a regulated PSU, I'd go for a 9V one though :)

guinness
2008-02-07, 08:44
Thanks - right, so it's 9v input at the point of entry then? No idea where I got 5v from!? Sounds like I might just get away with an adaptor plug then. I can build a regulated PS no problem if required.

thanks for your help

EDIT: Sorry, it's a case of RTFM! (Just read the spec. again):

* 9.0V DC, regulated
* Center positive, sleeve ground
* Connector: 1.05mm ID, 3.5mm OD, 7mm long
* Min supply rating: 550mA

pfarrell
2008-02-07, 08:55
guinness wrote:
> Although the plug is obviously the wrong shape, is the input voltage
> actually 110-240v, or is it 110v only on the US version?

My US version's power brick has 100-240v 50/60~
and a removable plug clearly designed to accept UK, German, etc. plugs

output 6.6c 0.5a

It has a logitech logo on the brick, so its not a pure generic brick.

I know that for years, the Slim site would happily sell anyone a proper
power supply, so you could get a US version, and buy a proper homeland
plug. Haven't checked for the Receiver on the accessory site.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/

slimpy
2008-02-07, 09:10
From the slimdevices order page https://secure.slimdevices.com/order/index.cgi?
"Orders include the appropriate power adaptor for the destination country. If you'd like to substitute a different power supply, or have another message for our sales team, please make a note here."

-s.