PDA

View Full Version : "Connecting to Squeezecenter..." ???

lagosirio
2008-02-05, 14:25
Today I got my new SB3

I now have two Problems:

1. If Squeezecenter is not available at Power Up I get the message ""Connecting to Squeezecenter..." and the display gets dark afterwards. There seems to be no way out except starting my computer with Squeezecenter.

2. The SB3 first worked fine and smoothly for 2-3 hours but now periodically the Display got incredibly slow (the scroll-movements). It's nearly impossible to brows through the menus.

Any ideas?

radish
2008-02-05, 15:58
1. If Squeezecenter is not available at Power Up I get the message ""Connecting to Squeezecenter..." and the display gets dark afterwards. There seems to be no way out except starting my computer with Squeezecenter.

Press and hold left on the remote to go back to the setup menu.

2. The SB3 first worked fine and smoothly for 2-3 hours but now periodically the Display got incredibly slow (the scroll-movements). It's nearly impossible to brows through the menus.

Probably either a network problem (is it wireless?) or the server machine is busy doing something else. Do you have iTunes integration enabled? It may be doing a periodic rescan.

lagosirio
2008-02-05, 23:02
Press and hold left on the remote to go back to the setup menu.

Ah, ok - there is a way out. However: I don't want to "setup"!
I just want the box to work without server (just to listen a radio station) and I would expect it to go into that mode automatically if squeezeserver is not found. What is the normal behaviour?

Mark Lanctot
2008-02-06, 07:04
Ah, ok - there is a way out. However: I don't want to "setup"!
I just want the box to work without server (just to listen a radio station) and I would expect it to go into that mode automatically if squeezeserver is not found. What is the normal behaviour?

It always wants to see a server and it must have one present when you press the power key or else it will go dark like that.

You don't have to go through setup again, press and hold left and scroll up or down to select "Connect to SqueezeNetwork".

If you don't want to do this again in the future, connect to SqueezeNetwork before shutting down your local server - you can do this from the player or the server.

lagosirio
2008-02-06, 08:46
Oh, ok. Now I understand what SqueezeNEtwork is for.
This behaviour a bit dissappointing.
I liked it to be so easy that even my grandma can switch on music - no matter if I used SqueezeServer a day before or not.
The rest of the SB3 user interface is really great!

I had a Noxon 2 before and at least this feature is solved in a better way. You can switch it on and select what music you like. So no setup at power-up.

I wish SB3 could switch automatically to SqueezeNetwork IF the server is not available. No way to configure it in that way?

NZJon
2008-03-30, 00:55
I wish SB3 could switch automatically to SqueezeNetwork IF the server is not available. No way to configure it in that way?

I think it would be great if a Squeezebox box could do this--unfortunately I don't know any way of doing it. There is a "bug" (here: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3936) that kind of deals with this. I'd encourage you to go and "vote" for it, or comment on it, so that the Slim Devices developers can be reminded about it.

Cheers,

Jon