PDA

View Full Version : New Squeezebox owner, having trouble with Harmony 1000

kwkshift
2008-02-05, 09:46
Hello, everyone!

I just picked up a Squeezebox last week. I really like it and I think it's a cool idea. I had it already programmed on my Harmony 1000 a few weeks prior to getting it. It all worked well, except for the needing to change what controlled the volume.

I have it running through a receiver and the remote was changing the volume of the Squeezebox, rather than the receivers volume level. I went into programming Sunday morning for the remote to make the changes and things just weren't going right. I had to delete and try to re-add in the device but ever since then, it keeps coming up as an "AV Receiver" in the device types. Even if I manually go in an add the buttons like "play" Pause" etc, once updating the remote and the extender are completed and I try to go into the activity, the only thing that happens is the receiver turns on, goes to the proper input and the Squeezebox turns on. There are no buttons on the screen of the remote and none of the hard buttons function, (other than the volume buttons for the receiver).

Any ideas? I've tried tech support, deleting and readding the device/ activity about a dozen times in all different combinations, etc and still nothing.

I've tried adding it as a: Logitech Squeezebox(which is what I used a few weeks ago with my initial programming)
Harmony Squeezebox
Slim Devices Squeezebox (but it comes up as a Squeezebox 3, (?))

Thanks!!

Greg

SteveEast
2008-02-05, 10:06
See if you can get the support folks to reset your config back to the way it was before you tried to modify it on Sunday. Been a while since I was on the Harmony Forum but you used to be able to get your config reverted.

If they can do that then you can do something like:

1. Under the Activities tab, click Settings for the activity you created to control your SB.

2. Select "Review the settings for this activity", click Next.

3. Select "No, I want to run the setup wizard again", click Next.

4. Click Next until you get the question about which device controls the volume. Select appropriate device. Start clicking Next until done.

Steve.

dolce24
2008-02-06, 17:01
I also have a squeezebox and the harmony 1000 remote. The first time i did the setup, the volume buttons were controlled through the squeezebox instead of my receiver, though i had chosen the receiver to control the volume. I then did a edit of the setup, and the buttons where missing in the "> display. Then i choose to delete all the listen to music settings, and when i did a setup again it worked like a charm.

When i add the squeezebox in the list of components i choose it from slimdevices and writes squeezeboxt, and then it's called a musicserver squeezebox afterwards. I really hope you will get it to work, otherwise try to delete all settings in the remote and restart all over as a last solution.

kwkshift
2008-02-07, 07:13
I also have a squeezebox and the harmony 1000 remote. The first time i did the setup, the volume buttons were controlled through the squeezebox instead of my receiver, though i had chosen the receiver to control the volume. I then did a edit of the setup, and the buttons where missing in the "> display. Then i choose to delete all the listen to music settings, and when i did a setup again it worked like a charm.

When i add the squeezebox in the list of components i choose it from slimdevices and writes squeezeboxt, and then it's called a musicserver squeezebox afterwards. I really hope you will get it to work, otherwise try to delete all settings in the remote and restart all over as a last solution.

I've tried adding it as a "slimdevices", "squeezebox" and it suggests "squeezebox 3". I don't know what that is. I went along with the suggestion once and still, it wasn't right. I got an email from Logitech giving me a number to call in their tier 2 help line. I'll see how that goes and then I'll report back.

Thanks!!

Greg

JayNYC
2008-02-07, 22:31
having the same problem. i cannot force the harmony1000 hard buttons to control my preamp. they keep changing the squeezebox volume which is not right.

SteveEast
2008-02-08, 07:04
I've tried adding it as a "slimdevices", "squeezebox" and it suggests "squeezebox 3". I don't know what that is. I went along with the suggestion once and still, it wasn't right. I got an email from Logitech giving me a number to call in their tier 2 help line. I'll see how that goes and then I'll report back.

Thanks!!

Greg

A "Squeezebox 3" is the currently available Squeezebox. If you just bought a new one, that's what you got.

Steve.

kwkshift
2008-02-11, 19:16
Ok, I called back with the incident number and got help from someone that really knew his stuff. He went ahead and did all of the programming for me, layed out the buttons, delays, etc and after a couple of small adjustments, all went well. He added it as a Logitech piece, rather than a Slim Devices piece. It still showed up as an "AV Receiver" rather than a "Digital Music Server" under device type, but I guess that's the way they have it in thier database at Harmony.

Anyway, if anyone has any specific questions, I could pull up the programming and answer them directly to help them set thiers up.

Thanks!!

dsandelman
2008-03-01, 11:11
Using a SB3, Logitech Harmony 670, Onkyo HT-SR600 receiver.
SB3 set to fixed volume, using digital output, JVC codes disabled. Harmony 670 was set up for receiver to control volume. When I check the buttons under Digital Music Activity the Up/Down volume buttons are programed for the receiver. As described in the thread above, the SB3's display changes to the volume graph when I adjust the recivers volume with the 670 remote.
The Harmmony setup shows Slim Devices Squeezebox 3 as the device, and Digital Music as the activity. Any suggestions??? or advice on how to correct???
Thanks

jordi.c
2008-07-23, 15:40
Ok, I called back with the incident number and got help from someone that really knew his stuff. He went ahead and did all of the programming for me, layed out the buttons, delays, etc and after a couple of small adjustments, all went well. He added it as a Logitech piece, rather than a Slim Devices piece. It still showed up as an "AV Receiver" rather than a "Digital Music Server" under device type, but I guess that's the way they have it in thier database at Harmony.

Anyway, if anyone has any specific questions, I could pull up the programming and answer them directly to help them set thiers up.

Thanks!!

Hey,

Can you give me the details of setup my harmony 1000 properly with the SBv3?

Best Regards,
JOrdi