PDA

View Full Version : Reset Question-Good Practices?

slwiser
2008-02-05, 05:42
How often do you have to unplug your Squeezebox to reboot it?

How often do you have to reset the audio chip?

How often do you have to do a factory reset on your unit?

I find that to keep the Squeezebox working I need to reboot it after a day or so by unplugging and replugging the power plug.

I had to reset the audio chip this morning after about two weeks by holding down 1 and plugging the power back in.

I have only to reset back to factory settings once when it locked up hard on me after about four weeks by holding down add button and plugging the power back in.

schatzy
2008-02-05, 05:54
How often do you have to unplug your Squeezebox to reboot it?

How often do you have to reset the audio chip?

How often do you have to do a factory reset on your unit?

I find that to keep the Squeezebox working I need to reboot it after a day or so by unplugging and replugging the power plug.

I had to reset the audio chip this morning after about two weeks by holding down 1 and plugging the power back in.

I have only to reset back to factory settings once when it locked up hard on me after about four weeks by holding down add button and plugging the power back in.

See answers to this in you other post from 3 minutes ago

radish
2008-02-05, 06:41
That doesn't sound right, I have I think 6 units running currently and with latest firmwares and SC7 they're basically 100% stable. I've never had to do a "hold 1" reset, although a while ago (couple of years) there was a period where factory resets were needed pretty frequently.

One of the key secrets I found to stability is to make sure the server's IP is static. If the server connection is lost and it comes back on a different IP the SB never seems to reconnect automatically (probably by design, how does it know it's the same server?).

adhawkins
2008-02-05, 06:43
Hi,

In article <slwiser.34b5sz1202215501 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>,
slwiser<slwiser.34b5sz1202215501 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

> How often do you have to unplug your Squeezebox to reboot it?

Almost never.

> How often do you have to reset the audio chip?

Can't remember ever doing it.

> How often do you have to do a factory reset on your unit?

Also, can't remember having to do this.

> I find that to keep the Squeezebox working I need to reboot it after a
> day or so by unplugging and replugging the power plug.
>
> I had to reset the audio chip this morning after about two weeks by
> holding down 1 and plugging the power back in.
>
> I have only to reset back to factory settings once when it locked up
> hard on me after about four weeks by holding down add button and
> plugging the power back in.

Sounds like something else is amiss to me. Either the SB itself is dodgy, or
you have networking or server problems?

Andy

Rick B.
2008-02-05, 08:43
Whenever my cable internet goes down I have to unplug and replug my router. Whenever I do that I then have to do the same with my SB3.

danco
2008-02-05, 09:45
Fairly often I (and some other people) have to press and hold the power button to get a connection after the computer wakes from sleep.

But this isn't an actual reset.