PDA

View Full Version : Specify an IP Address for your squeezecenter?

nicoleif
2008-02-05, 02:43
I just got a new pc and am trying to setup my squeezebox once again. I have always used access point to connect the sbe to my pc. Where do I find the above information?

smc2911
2008-02-05, 02:53
Once you have installed SlimServer (or the new SqueezeCenter) and have it running, your SB should be able to find the right IP address. If you have your SB on and have problems, try holding the left arrow on the remote and you will get back to the Network Setup. Step 4 should find your server in almost all circumstances.

nicoleif
2008-02-05, 03:35
Once you have installed SlimServer (or the new SqueezeCenter) and have it running, your SB should be able to find the right IP address. If you have your SB on and have problems, try holding the left arrow on the remote and you will get back to the Network Setup. Step 4 should find your server in almost all circumstances.

I don't remember being ansked to specify the IP addfress for the slimserver earlier on?!

nicoleif
2008-02-05, 03:39
I don't remember being ansked to specify the IP addfress for the slimserver earlier on?!
I think the problem occurs in the last stage of the setup when I have to seelct the music source. Here there is 3 obsions; do I choose the Specify an IP address for the squeezecenter?

smc2911
2008-02-05, 03:42
Does one of the options look like your PC's name/IP address? Are you running SlimServer on more than one PC? If so, all of the PCs you are running it on should appear in the list. You shouldn't have to manually enter an IP address. Are you sure that SlimServer is running on your PC?

nicoleif
2008-02-05, 03:53
Does one of the options look like your PC's name/IP address? Are you running SlimServer on more than one PC? If so, all of the PCs you are running it on should appear in the list. You shouldn't have to manually enter an IP address. Are you sure that SlimServer is running on your PC?
Didn't I mention I run squeezecenter instead of slimserver? I am only running squeezecenter on one pc and the icon the the right bottom corner shows it is running. Also I have disabled my firewall. I am connected to the internet on my pc via cable and my router (which is not wireless) has got a access point from which I send to the squeezebox. This has all worked fine with my previous pc! Very strange