PDA

View Full Version : media monkey and squeezbox

mgrosso
2008-02-02, 09:07
For some reason when my squeezebox 3 scans my local music folder - its not picking up my newly downloaded songs. Any suggestions? Also, if you have custom playlists in Media Monkey, how do you get the squeezebox server to recognize those playlists and scan them into squeezebox? Is theere some enabling feature I'm missing? I had to hit the plus button in i-tunes, which seem to work in SB.

Rockyjocky
2008-02-02, 10:09
For some reason when my squeezebox 3 scans my local music folder - its not picking up my newly downloaded songs. Any suggestions? Also, if you have custom playlists in Media Monkey, how do you get the squeezebox server to recognize those playlists and scan them into squeezebox? Is theere some enabling feature I'm missing? I had to hit the plus button in i-tunes, which seem to work in SB.

I can't comment on the playlists as I don't use them, I only ever play full albums.
..but I use MM & have a SB3 & I set the plugin to scan my media dir every night & to look for new & changed music.
Go to server settings / plugins & change the setting there. I changed nothing within MM.
I have seen mention of slimserver plugins for MM but have never looked into them.
I use MM3 (latest) & v6.54 of slimserver.

mgrosso
2008-02-02, 16:24
How does Slim server recognize all the music in Media Monkey? I'm pointing SS to the folder I keep my music. What am I missing?

Zaragon
2008-02-02, 16:41
I assume that you are buying the tracks that you are downloading. Are these tracks DRM encoded such as much of the music in iTunes? SlimServer cannot read these tracks and will ignore them. This might be why they don't appear.

Firstly I don't know if Media Monkey produces compatible playlists. But assuming it does then have you told slimserver the directory in which they are stored?

Also slimserver must see a music file in the exact location specified in the playlist. If it doesn't it ignores that track and as they would all likely be the same it would ignore the playlist.

For example, using windows file system. If the music is stored on a server and you access it through Media Monkey using a mapped drive then the music may be listed as:
z:\music\artist\album\track.mp3 but the server might see the music library in a different place say:
c:\music\artist\album\track.mp3 it doesn't have a z drive so can't see the tracks listed in the playlist.