PDA

View Full Version : Using MusicIP generated playlists

egd
2008-02-01, 17:45
I'm finding that playlists generated by MiP are considered by SqueezeCenter to be empty. Looking at the files generated by MiP, there are no instances of #EXTM3U, and/or #EXTINF markers, just a list of files eg:
/raid/data/AudioLIB/zplaylists/F-J/Harry Chapin - The Gold Medal Collection/Harry Chapin - The Gold Medal Collection - 02 - Sunday Morning Sunshine.flac
/raid/data/AudioLIB/zplaylists/F-J/Jim Croce - 36 All Time Greatest Hits [3CD]/Jim Croce - Jim Croce - 36 All-Time Greatest Hits - 14 - New York's Not My Home.flac

I know the paths to the files are correct and SC sees the playlists, just considers them empty. I'm assuming SC expects to see #EXTM3U, and/or #EXTINF markers? Is this correct or is there some other tweak I need to go through to get MiP playlists useable in SC. I cannot integrate MiP and SC as SC is running on a NAS.

Thx

whicken
2008-02-01, 19:40
I'm not sure which method you're using the generate the m3u files - if you create them as playlists inside the mixer first, you can right-click and set the "Extended" option to save them with EXTM3U data. If you do File/Save As Playlist, those should also be in extended format.

I don't see a hook for the HTTP API to generated extended format, but I made a note to add that in the future.

Maybe one of those items will help?

renkinj
2008-02-10, 22:25
For the life of me I can't get this to work. Is there any place I can see instructions on how to set up MusicIP in Squeezecenter?
I Squeezecenter does not see any playlists made (extended or not) by MusicIP, the "send to" function does not work either, so I don't know what else to try. Up for any suggestions, this is frustrating.
Thanks.

tamanaco
2008-02-10, 22:41
For the life of me I can't get this to work. Is there any place I can see instructions on how to set up MusicIP in Squeezecenter?
I Squeezecenter does not see any playlists made (extended or not) by MusicIP, the "send to" function does not work either, so I don't know what else to try. Up for any suggestions, this is frustrating.
Thanks.

I found myself in the same spot with MusicIP a few weeks ago. Take a look at this thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=42419&highlight=musicIP for "some" guidance.