PDA

View Full Version : Odd behavior

paltomare
2008-02-01, 11:15
Just picked up a SB3 for my office. I have it wired directly to a router issueing DHCP and analog out to a receiver all tucked away in a server closet. No need for internal networking since I am controlling it from my workstation via SN. Setup went perfectly, and it started playing my favorites right away. The odd behavior is that ocasionally I will go back to see the unit back at the setup networking screen. One time it was still playing the other time it had stopped. I scroll forward to the SN connection screen and all is good again.

Any clues into why this is happening?

schatzy
2008-02-04, 06:40
Just picked up a SB3 for my office. I have it wired directly to a router issueing DHCP and analog out to a receiver all tucked away in a server closet. No need for internal networking since I am controlling it from my workstation via SN. Setup went perfectly, and it started playing my favorites right away. The odd behavior is that ocasionally I will go back to see the unit back at the setup networking screen. One time it was still playing the other time it had stopped. I scroll forward to the SN connection screen and all is good again.

Any clues into why this is happening?

How long are your IP Leases from your DHCP server, a week , a day, a few hours?. This could be causing a problem. I would suggest setting your server and your SB3 with static IP addresses and see what happens.

Schatzy