PDA

View Full Version : Reset SB to Zero?

Ryssen
2008-01-29, 15:41
I want to reset SB to fatory settings.It does not find the server automatic,and I cant change the IP.So I want to start clean.

Mark Lanctot
2008-01-29, 15:53
Unplug power, press and hold "ADD" on the remote, replug power while holding "ADD". This is a factory reset.

However you should be able to change your IP and it should find your server providing a firewall isn't blocking it, so these problems might come back.

seanadams
2008-01-29, 15:56
Actually, holding "add" does a reset of the settings. Pressing "1" causes the system's programmable logic circuitry for the audio to be re-flashed.

Mark Lanctot
2008-01-29, 15:58
D'oh! I got them mixed up!!

bobkoure
2008-01-30, 17:34
Actually, holding "add" does a reset of the settings. Pressing "1" causes the system's programmable logic circuitry for the audio to be re-flashed.
Thanks for pointing this out.
So far the "magic" remote control buttons I know about are
- press [1] at power on - reloads lilinux and firmware (actually does a re-flash?)
- press [+] at power on - revert settings to factory defaults
- press and hold [bright] - load firmware from the server, if the server's attempting to do that

So... what else is there? Is it written up somewhere?
Thanks!

Ryssen
2008-01-30, 17:35
However you should be able to change your IP and it should find your server providing a firewall isn't blocking it, so these problems might come back.
They did come back..With a LAN cable it got conected as it should,
but with wireless I cant change from "automatic find the IP" to where i can enter it myself,under curent settings I cant do that,I have no firewall,and the SB cant find the wireless,I did before and my laptop finds it.How,where can I set up the IP manualy for wireless?

Mark Lanctot
2008-01-30, 18:34
- press [1] at power on - reloads lilinux and firmware (actually does a re-flash?)

No, it doesn't reload firmware. The Xilinx chip contains the codecs. If you experience audio glitches, this is the one to use.

- press and hold [bright] - load firmware from the server, if the server's attempting to do that

True, but this is different from the others in that it's not done at power-up. Also the firmware is always in the server, it'll always reload when you do this. If the firmware in the player doesn't match the firmware in the server, it will prompt you as soon as it connects.

So... what else is there? Is it written up somewhere?

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?PlayerFirmware, last section. There's also factory test mode and you can generate a purty sine wave.

Mark Lanctot
2008-01-30, 18:37
but with wireless I cant change from "automatic find the IP" to where i can enter it myself,under curent settings I cant do that,

It's not in current settings, you have to get back into network setup. Either press and hold left for 5 seconds or remove and replace power. When you get to the IP address section, press down on the keypad to select "assign IP address manually".

Ryssen
2008-01-31, 17:56
Hmm,I had to reset the wireless router,as my laptop lost signal to,now the SB finds the router automatic.Thanks for answers!