PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate tracks in music database

RibRob
2008-01-29, 02:02
For some reason all my tracks have started to be listed twice in the music database. It seems to be thinking that the location on the hard-disk and that same file's location on the network are two different files, e.g.

D:\Music\Carl Cox\04-03-2004-xds.mp3
\\10.0.1.143\Jukebox Music\Carl Cox\04-03-2004-xds.mp3

I was having this problem with v6.5.4 so i tried upgrading to v.7 but i'm getting the same problem. I'm running on XP Home SP2

I'm sure this didn't used to happen to me, anyone know why it is now, and how i can stop / fix this problem?

r.

Siduhe
2008-01-29, 02:48
Most likely you have a playlist reference or a network shortcut to the file as well as the file itself in your library. If the playlist reference or the network shortcut has a different file path to the same song, Slimserver/SC will see it as two different files.

If it is a playlist, it's easy to open it up in a text editor like Notepad or Editpad and do a find/replace. You want all the file paths to be the same as the way that Slimserver/SC sees your music library folder setting.

If it's your whole library, more likely to be a stray network shortcut somewhere in your music library folder (unless you have a playlist for every album?).

If neither of these apply, are you using Itunes or MusicIP integration?

RibRob
2008-01-29, 03:11
Most likely you have a playlist reference or a network shortcut to the file as well as the file itself in your library. If the playlist reference or the network shortcut has a different file path to the same song, Slimserver/SC will see it as two different files.

That's it - brilliant! Thank you. :)