X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lou1z
    • Aug 2007

Plugins - how to?

hi,
    i can see the plugins folder etc and have goldrush installed as per instructions and it works well.

trying to use announcement plugin which is just a perl script. where on earth do i put it and how do i run it? can't find any info anywhere?

cheers
  • ceejay
    • Apr 2005

Read the notes here

If you need more help you'll need to specify which version of the server you are using as it makes a difference....

Comment

• Lou1z
      • Aug 2007

hi, thanks for the reply. i did read that and i have installed plugins before. however, this one is a perl script and i can't see how to run it.

Comment

• ceejay
        • Apr 2005

When you say a perl script, do you mean a standalone perl script? If so thats not a plugin.

If its a perl module "pluginname.pm" then you can just put it in the plugins directory if you are using 6.5.x

Can you indicate where you got the plugin from?

Comment

• Nostromo
          • Jul 2006

Weren't they supposed to make plugins more user-friendly in 7.0? Or maybe it didn't make the cut for the 7.0 release? No biggie as far as I'm concerned, mind you.
          http://www.last.fm/user/Guermantez/

Comment

• bpa
            • Oct 2005

AFAICT the announcement script is not a plugin but a script you run when you want an announcement to appear on an SB display.

It uses the CLI interface to put a message on the screen and so you should run this script when the event you want to announce has happened - e.g mail arrived.

The Plugin architecture has been improved in SC 7.0 with proper standardised organisation of a plugin package - I think additional functionality to assist the installation plugins was postponed until after 7.0 was released.

Comment

• Lou1z
              • Aug 2007

its squeeze centre 7 that i'm running. i've placed the script announcement06.pl in the plugins directory and restarted but to no avail.
              anybody got this running under v7?

Comment

• radish
                • Apr 2005

Like bpa said, the announcement script is _not_ a plugin, it's a standalone script you have to run when you want to show something on the player. For example you could configure your email client to run it every time you got a new email. But on it's own it won't do anything.
                http://www.last.fm/user/polymeric

Comment

• Michael Herger
                  Babelfish's Best Boy
                  • Apr 2005

Plugins - how to?

> its squeeze centre 7 that i'm running. i've placed the script
                  > announcement06.pl in the plugins directory and restarted but to no
                  > avail.

This is not a plugin, but a standalon script which must be executed using
                  perl. www.activestate.com has perl for Windows.

Michael

--

Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                  (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Lou1z
                    • Aug 2007

ah... gotcha. so i need to install perl for it to run then? i assummed it would just run when placed into a directory doh!

Comment

Working...