PDA

View Full Version : Preorder? Duel and/or Controller stuff

EnochLight
2008-01-25, 14:07
When the Transporter was announced, paid pre-orders were taken quite some time before its release. Just wondering why the same hasn't been offered for the Duet/Controller?

kdf
2008-01-25, 14:39
Different Company, different needs for financing would be my guess.
Transporter was a bigger commitment per unit, and pre-orders were probably
a very good way to first, gain some funding to cover first batch, and also
to have a good idea of demand for sizing that first batch.

-kdf

>
> When the Transporter was announced, paid pre-orders were taken quite
> some time before its release. Just wondering why the same hasn't been
> offered for the Duet/Controller?

seanadams
2008-01-25, 15:14
When the Transporter was announced, paid pre-orders were taken quite some time before its release. Just wondering why the same hasn't been offered for the Duet/Controller?

We did not actually charge anyone's credit card prior to shipping - it is prohibited by Visa/MC/Amex agreements with their merchants, so if anyone does that you should complain loudly. In the case of the Transporter launch it was largely just to get a handle on how many we would need to build and in what color for the first run. On other occasions we have taken preorders where we didn't want to lose sales during a product transition, or when we expected to be unable to build enough inventory to keep up with initial demand. These are not big problems for us now.

EnochLight
2008-01-25, 15:24
Thanks Sean!

That said, I'd be happy to pre-order a brand spank'n new Duet. Nudge-nudge, hint-hint, know-whutta-mean..? ;-P

EnochLight
2008-02-05, 20:19
..These are not big problems for us now.

Well well - I'm glad you guys decided to do it anyway... ;^P I just pre-ordered my Duet. Looking forward to the new piece of kit, Sean!

Cheers!

mvalera
2008-02-05, 21:03
HA, funny.

I was setting it up when you made your first post.

Mike

Nikhil
2008-02-06, 00:34
No promo code for pre bookers / long time users?

Emissary
2008-02-06, 02:49
Hi,

I'm from germany and very interested in the Duet. I wonder if this pre-order option is available for customers outside the reach of the slimdevices store?

Emissary

Shredder
2008-02-06, 07:49
Duet pre-order now available. No pre-order, however, for controller (or receiver) separately. I will pre-order a controller if made available, but do not need a full duet.

olc
2008-02-06, 07:54
Duet pre-order now available. No pre-order, however, for controller (or receiver) separately. I will pre-order a controller if made available, but do not need a full duet.

I'm sure you could Ebay the receiver for enough (>$100) to make it no more costly to just get the whole thing, especially if the receiver is not available separately either.