PDA

View Full Version : Version 7 Beta forcing upgrades - Dual Boot

Ballistix
2008-01-24, 13:23
Hi guys, I have Vista and XP on one PC.

I use the OS's for different things. Both have Squeezecentre 7 beta, the latest on each OS.

When I boot between the two they both force an upgrade to my two Squeezebox hardware players! Anyone know what is going on, very annoying...So, if I switch to Vista, UPGRADE on the boxes...so I do it...then when I boot into XP...UPGRADE!! Ad infinitum.

Anyone? :)

Cheers

T

Secret Squirrel
2008-01-24, 13:51
Hi guys, I have Vista and XP on one PC.

I use the OS's for different things. Both have Squeezecentre 7 beta, the latest on each OS.

When I boot between the two they both force an upgrade to my two Squeezebox hardware players! Anyone know what is going on, very annoying...So, if I switch to Vista, UPGRADE on the boxes...so I do it...then when I boot into XP...UPGRADE!! Ad infinitum.

Anyone? :)

Cheers

T

Is it possible that you have two different versions in the different OS's? If so, they might have a different firmware version and thus requesting a firmware update.

If not, someone who really knows what's going on will have to jump in here.

HTH,

SS

Ballistix
2008-01-25, 01:04
Well, that's the thing they are both running the latest beta....anyone?

T

mherger
2008-01-25, 01:18
> Well, that's the thing they are both running the latest beta....anyone?

When they're asking for firmware updates, what versions of the firmware are they installing (to be found in Settings/Information)

--

Michael

Ballistix
2008-01-25, 12:50
I'll check and report back )

Ballistix
2008-01-27, 06:27
yep, you got it. XP loads version 86 of the firmware and Vista loads version 84!

How can I stop this happening? They are both the same versions of the server, latest beta 7.

Cheers

T

mherger
2008-01-27, 06:40
> yep, you got it. XP loads version 86 of the firmware and Vista loads
> version 84!
>
> How can I stop this happening? They are both the same versions of the
> server, latest beta 7.

If they're identical versions, then they bring the same firmware version - it's part of the SC build. "Latest" is relative. Download one copy of today's build an install it on both machines.

--

Michael