PDA

View Full Version : newby question on addressing a network

trebor
2008-01-22, 22:44
I am on a mac and the itunes software is on another mac on the network while the playlist and songs reside on a buffalo network drive. I can't figure out how to specify the locations under server settings iTunes. Everything I try gets the oops! message.

danco
2008-01-23, 02:04
I'm not quite sure about networks, but with a directly attached external drive, the address would begin with /Volumes

trebor
2008-01-25, 12:17
thanks for the reply but I still can't figure out what the addressing should be for a network attached drive.

Eric Seaberg
2008-01-25, 12:42
What computer is your SlimServer software on? If your network drive is mounted on the desktop of the server computer, then it's still /Volumes/Network_Drive/. That seems the easiest way to me....

danco
2008-01-25, 17:21
Here's something to try, a trick that can be useful in other circumstance, relating to how Mac OS X and its Unix underpinnings interact.

Open Terminal. Drag the drive (or the relevant folder) into Terminal. Terminal will show up with the path to the drive or folder. You should even be able to copy and paste this, but you could simply make a note. Then quit Terminal.