PDA

View Full Version : Transporter freezing

norderney
2008-01-21, 15:14
Over the last couple of weeks since getting my Transporter it has frozen and pressing the "standby" button has no effect. When this happens web interface and remote control do not respond. I have found the only solution is to power off the Transporter, wait about 30 seconds and then power it back on again. This usually gets it working. I am just a bit concerned that the only way to power off the Transporter is by switching it off at the power socket because like the SqueezeBox it does not have an on/off power switch.

Is switching it off at the power socket likely to cause any damage to the internal PSU or other parts of the Transporter. The Transporter and SqueezeBox are the only audio devices I know of that DO NOT have an on/off power switch.

moley6knipe
2008-01-21, 15:49
At a guess, it could be something on your PC/Mac/Linux box feeding your Transporter?

Anything changed on that over the last few weeks, ie new virus software, new apps/services installed?

norderney
2008-01-21, 15:58
At a guess, it could be something on your PC/Mac/Linux box feeding your Transporter?

Anything changed on that over the last few weeks, ie new virus software, new apps/services installed?

I am not so concerned about the actual freezing. It only happens once every couple of days or so.

I was more concerned about the effect on the Transporter hardware of actually switching the power socket off and on to reboot the Transporter. Most audio devices have a on/off power switch. Or is the Transporter designed to cope with power being switched off at the power socket?

amcluesent
2008-01-22, 00:51
Have you tried a long press of the power button on the remote to force a reboot?

NB I've found going to a wired connection has removed the glitches on my TP.