PDA

View Full Version : Question About Music Not Showing Up in Slimserver

mister pig
2008-01-20, 17:27
Hi,

Been loading discs onto the HD from time to time. Using ITunes. Sometimes I load a disc into ITunes and it shows up there just fine. Can play it on the computer. But Slimserver wont find it. I have tried clearing and rescanning the library. Also scanned for new music. I have looked at the info tag in Itunes, and dont find anything amiss. What is going on here that I need to change? Its strange, also have a Beattles White Album disc that Slimserver makes the album title "NOTHING". All the music is there, but it wont find the right title, which is in Iunes.

Need to get this fixed, but not sure what the next step is. Sorry if the question has been asked before, I just havent found the answer in a search yet.

Regards
Mister Pig

Zaragon
2008-01-21, 13:36
Check that you aren't ripping with iTunes with copy protection turned on. If you are you are DRM'ing the files which Slim Server ignores as it can't play them. The PC can because it uses iTunes which understands its own DRM.

avta
2008-01-21, 16:17
I've posted the same question before re my Mac computer and Squeezebox2 with software version 7 and did not receive an answer. I am not using copy protected files but ones I've ripped from my own cd's and downloaded from sites i've purchased them from.

mherger
2008-01-22, 00:17
> copy protected files but ones I've ripped from my own cd's and
> downloaded from sites i've purchased them from.

Do you have a music folder defined? If yes, can you browse it to the files you're missing?

Please turn on scan=debug (Settings/Advanced/Logging) and upload the scanner.log file.

--

Michael