PDA

View Full Version : Dead Squeezebox?

skillsrhodes
2008-01-18, 06:45
Woke up this morning to a what appears to be a dead Squeezebox. Only a buzz comes out of the left channel and only static comes out of the right.

Sigh....

adam

fcm4711
2008-01-18, 07:03
Hi Adam

Try reprogramming the xilinx chip inside. Unplug the power, wait for 10 seconds, press '1' on remote while plugging in power again. You should see 'Programming xilinx' on the display, then SB reboots and hopefully your sound is back.

Cheers
Felix

skillsrhodes
2008-01-18, 11:48
Thanks,

Just unplugging the power for a bit did the trick. Strange, hasn't happened in the couple of years I've owned it, but I switched to the newest firmware a couple days ago. Bug in the new firmware?

adam

Tele
2008-01-19, 01:39
I have the same; after updating to the 7.0 series, the sb3 needs to be powercycled before it comes back to life after a while without network connection (networkswitch is disabled at night).

fcm4711
2008-01-19, 01:57
Hi Adam, hi Tele

What is the SB fw you are using?

Thanks
Felix

Tele
2008-01-19, 05:27
My SB has firmwareversion 84 at the moment. In the changelog for 86 the following is mentioned:

#6478 - Fix slim discovery

Let's see if this does the trick, updating now.

Ok, i've updated to the latest svn trunk. The SB now has version 86. It's the same with this version. If i do the following:

disconnect SB ethernet cable for a few minutes, plug it back in; SB display stays empty, a manual connect attempt with te remote doesn't help. After briefly disconnecting the SB's power supply, it reconnects to squeezecenter and all is well again.

This behaviour is different from the 6.5 series; after reconnecting the ethernet cable the SB always had immediately contact with slimserver.