PDA

View Full Version : MusicIP in New SC7 Default Skin?

Bradley
2008-01-15, 10:38
I'm waiting for the official release, but was wondering if there is MusicIP capability in the New SC7 Default Skin?

Currently in SS I use the Fishbone skin for this. Thought by now, folks would have integrated it into SC7.

Thanks.

*Bradley

kdf
2008-01-15, 11:09
I'm waiting for the official release, but was wondering if there is MusicIP capability in the New SC7 Default Skin?

It's there. Seems to work ok for me.
-kdf

Siduhe
2008-01-15, 11:22
Me too - a big "M" available both in Fishbone and Default under SC7. Not yet available on the Jive/SBR though.

Phil Leigh
2008-01-15, 11:41
Me too - a big "M" available both in Fishbone and Default under SC7. Not yet available on the Jive/SBR though.

Where is the big "M" located in default? - I am trying to get Music IP integration working. It runs as a standalone app fine and I can send mixes to the SS. However, there is no trace (other than the port seting on the Extras page) of MusicIP within my SC7...

hickinbottoms
2008-01-15, 14:51
When you hover over a track/album/artist in the left or right pane of
the Default web interface you see the "M" icon next to the other usual
ones for playing and removing.

Make sure you're starting MusicIP before SqueezeCenter, and if that
doesn't help try the MusicIP logging/debugging options in SqueezeCenter.

Stuart

Phil Leigh wrote:
> Siduhe;258940 Wrote:
>
>> Me too - a big "M" available both in Fishbone and Default under SC7.
>> Not yet available on the Jive/SBR though.
>>
>
> Where is the big "M" located in default? - I am trying to get Music IP
> integration working. It runs as a standalone app fine and I can send
> mixes to the SS. However, there is no trace (other than the port seting
> on the Extras page) of MusicIP within my SC7...
>
>
>

Siduhe
2008-01-15, 15:03
What OS and what version of MusicIP are you running? Also, do you have the latest nightly release of SC7?

I had a few problems when I initially upgraded to SC7. I think this was because I run MIP headless. It was resolved by stopping Slimserver, stopping my MIP service, restarting my MIP service, then restarting Slimserver and then doing a full clear and rescan (after setting up MIP in the Slimserver settings) and it has worked fine ever since, even on reboots (although I don't do many of those).

If you are having problems with the start up order, and runing XP have a look at Spicefly (http://spicefly.com/content/view/32/32/) which has a neat little shortcut to get these two running the same way.

I know that Vista/SC7/MIP combination has caused a few problems for some people - although I think these have been resolved for some by swapping MIP to a headless install.