PDA

View Full Version : Possible to hook into Jive Now Playing screen ?

erland
2008-01-14, 11:12
Is there some way a plugin can hook into the Jive Now Playing screen ?

On the standard SqueezeBox Now Playing screen the TrackStat plugin makes it possible to rate the currently playing song by holding down the number buttons on the standard remote, I would like to accomplish something similar on the Jive interface.

Is there some way I can hook into the Now Playing screen on the Jive interface with a SqueezeCenter plugin ?

Do I need to implement my own version of the Now Playing screen as a Jive applet to accomplish this, or is there some other way to do it ?

bklaas
2008-01-14, 15:15
hi Erland-

currently the SC->Jive API doesn't have any facility for applet-level access on the Jive side. It allows you to create menus with callbacks to CLI commands, nodes on the main menu, and that's about it.

I understand the value of TrackStat and how, if integrated into the NowPlaying screen, could be a valued addition to the UI. But it's going to have to wait until post-7.0. I'd suggest opening an enhancement bug for this.

cheers,
#!/ben

erland
2008-01-14, 22:44
I understand the value of TrackStat and how, if integrated into the NowPlaying screen, could be a valued addition to the UI. But it's going to have to wait until post-7.0. I'd suggest opening an enhancement bug for this.

I've registered an enhancement request regarding this:
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=6619

smc2911
2008-01-18, 20:33
I for one have voted for this. With the Jive getting much more robust, I am increasingly using it as primary remote, rather than just using it to test it. The only significant thing for that it cannot do is interface with erland's plugins for rating tracks and firing up Dynamic Playlists.