PDA

View Full Version : Playing cd via macmini on squeezebox3

Veilingsitesss
2008-01-11, 07:37
I am having a macmini in my network. Now i want to play cd and (music)dvd on the macmini by browsing in it with the squeezebox 3. Is this possible?

danco
2008-01-11, 09:34
I don't think you can do it with just SlimServer and an SB.

However, you can add third-party software such as Nicecast from RogueAmoeba, which will let you do that (and more).

Nicecast costs for regular use, but can be downloaded free and tested for twenty minutes each use (and, in fact, for longer than that, but the sound is deliberately degraded after twenty minutes of each run).

Veilingsitesss
2008-01-11, 11:40
Any experience with NiceCast? I downloaded the deme but didnt get it working so that i can play the cd in my macmini. At the SB i can find the Nicecast braodcast Archive but it is empty.

Any idee how the settings has conne be

danco
2008-01-11, 15:04
I don't feel like double-checking at this point.

But I think all you need to do is give

http://?:8000/listen.m3u

as a playlist, possibly direct into SlimServer/Squeezebox, or possibly as an AlienBBC playlist (though I don't think you need AlienBBC).

The ? in the address I gave needs to be replaced by the local numeric address of your computer. You can find this in many ways, in particular from the Share tab of the main Nicecast window.

If you plan to use Nicecast regularly, you need to give your computer a static address, rather than having it assigned dynamically by your router. The details of how to do that vary depending on OS and router, but it should always be possible.

Veilingsitesss
2008-01-12, 13:42
I wont get it working. I have the .m3u playlist in itunes but cant find it at all. The playlist is also empty. When i put the same .m3u file in the playlist it wont work eather. I placed the .m3u file in the nicecast braoadcast archive folder withc i can find on the squeesebox but it wont play.

I copied the share adres adres from nicecast and placed it in the nicecast folder but also nothing.

Why cant i just find the device (cd) in iTunes? Then it works.

Veilingsitesss
2008-01-12, 14:10
Ok. I got it working (forgot to start the archiving). But now i got another question. Is it possible to see the name of the cd? And when it get a track further i wont hear it it keeps going from the start. Is it possible to switch between the tracks? Or only listen to whole cd?