PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver and Squeezebox

mrorvig
2008-01-10, 12:57
Hi

I hope you can answer these questions:

1) Is it posible to connect a squeezebox to a slimserver, when the slimserver is outside to local network?

2) Is it posible to stream a internet radio stream to the squeezebox from the slimserver?

3) Can the Squeezebox start automaticly with a timer, and start a stream from Slimserver?

Best regards

Mrorvig

Mark Lanctot
2008-01-10, 13:06
1) Is it posible to connect a squeezebox to a slimserver, when the slimserver is outside to local network?

Yes, but bandwidth may be a problem.

2) Is it posible to stream a internet radio stream to the squeezebox from the slimserver?

Yes.

3) Can the Squeezebox start automaticly with a timer, and start a stream from Slimserver?

Not with a timer, but it can be started from SlimServer.

BTW you can download SlimServer right now and start playing with it.

mrorvig
2008-01-10, 13:17
Thank you for a quick replay!

What if the Squeezebox looses power and has to restart? Will it automaticly connect to the Slimserver again?

Regards

snarlydwarf
2008-01-10, 13:20
Thank you for a quick replay!

What if the Squeezebox looses power and has to restart? Will it automaticly connect to the Slimserver again?

yes.

(the turn-on-and-start-playing, btw, is doable with the Alarm plugin that comes with the server... my bedroom SB is my alarm clock. Of course, the server has to be on for this to work...)

Phil Leigh
2008-01-10, 13:20
Yes I believe it does that. There are settings to control this.

Mark Lanctot
2008-01-10, 13:22
(the turn-on-and-start-playing, btw, is doable with the Alarm plugin that comes with the server... my bedroom SB is my alarm clock. Of course, the server has to be on for this to work...)

...oh yeah, forgot about that!!