PDA

View Full Version : lingo

HeavyB
2008-01-09, 19:14
Slimbox arrived today and set up went pretty smooth (or so I thought) with existing music library transfered and playable. Problems though attempting to access Squeeze Network. Language display (on the Squeezebox) is in Dutch and I CANNOT get it to switch to English. Also some major confusion as to exactly is meant by adding a "Player PIN" and "Add your player" on the Squeeze Network add your squeezebox page.

Any advice/help much appreciated.

mherger
2008-01-09, 22:04
> Slimbox arrived today and set up went pretty smooth (or so I thought)

Everything's squeezed now: it's a SqueezeBox.

> with existing music library transfered and playable. Problems though
> attempting to access Squeeze Network. Language display is in Dutch and
> I CANNOT get it to switch to English.

How did you try to achieve this? What happened? Any error messages?

> Also some major confusion as to
> exactly is meant by adding a "Player PIN" and "Add your player" on the
> Squeeze Network add your squeezebox page.

You'll find the PIN in your player's menu when you're connected to SN.

Michael

HeavyB
2008-01-10, 06:37
Thanks for the reply although I have to admit, I don't consider it much of an achievement. Honestly, I don't have a clue. I go through the menus on the Squeezebox while connected (or at least presumably so) to Squeeze Network and reset them to English yet every time I switch to Squeeze Network it shows up yet again in Dutch. Also, every time I turn the power off, the sign-off message is in Dutch. Perhaps I can go back to the original factory settings and start from scratch?

HeavyB
2008-01-10, 07:22
Well, this morning, with a clearer head, I was able to scroll through the Dutch menus and switch the player to English - not that I have anything against the Netherlands and Amsterdam & Rotterdam, the Treaty of Utrecht, Heiniken and all of that . . .

mherger
2008-01-10, 08:51
> Squeeze Network and reset them to English yet every time I switch to

As long as your player isn't registered on SN, it won't be recognized, thus the language setting is lost. Which leads us to the question about the PIN.

Go to squeezenetwork.com
Connect your SB to SqueezeNetwork
You'll find the PIN in the player menu (settings)
Add your player with that PIN on the squeezenetwork.com web page to your account

If this still doesn't work, try asking over in the SqueezeNetwork forum.

--

Michael