PDA

View Full Version : Favorite on Slimserver?

lreinstein
2008-01-07, 21:19
One more beginner question while (if) i still have your attention...

How is the FAVORITES used with slimserver. I understand it for the squeezenetwork, but can not seem to figure out how to make a file (song, stream..) a favorite in slimserver. If it cannot be done then why is it an option?

Thanks

Larry

robroe
2008-01-09, 07:44
Could someone please explain the favorites for me as well? I am unsure what I can add to this? Radio stations? Playlists? Albums?

Also how can I add things to this via the remote/web interface? Apologies if I am missing something blindingly obvious!

I managed to "add" an album to the favorites via Moose, but when I browsed to it on the squeezebox it was listed but would not play. I have a SB3 and SS6.5.

Many thanks,

Rob

mherger
2008-01-09, 08:44
> Could someone please explain the favorites for me as well? I am unsure
> what I can add to this? Radio stations? Playlists? Albums?

You can save any playlist, album, artist, song... as a favorite which then is available from the main menu's Favorites item for quick access. Even better: the first 9 items can be played by pressing & holding one of the number keys.

> Also how can I add things to this via the remote/web interface?

Yes. Web interface has only been added yesterday. You'll have to update to the latest nightly SqueezeCenter build to test it.
--

Michael

robroe
2008-01-09, 09:37
Thank you for your reply. So I just browse to the item I want to be a favourite and hold down the 'Favorites' button on the remote to add an item?

And then press the 'Favorites' button on the remote to go the Favorites menu, then optionally press and hold a number to start that item playing?

I knew there was something obvious I was missing! Thanks again.

lreinstein
2008-01-11, 15:38
i dont think this is correct. i think to add to favorites you need to right arrow and then up arrow...or some sequence such as that.

larry