PDA

View Full Version : Top Half of text is cut off on dislpay

mooker09
2008-01-04, 20:13
I bought my squeezebox about a month ago. Recently the display started to act strange. I have always used the full/large text, but recently the top half of the line of text is cut off. I don't know what would have changed. Do you think this is something wrong with the squeezebox? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

mherger
2008-01-05, 00:07
> I bought my squeezebox about a month ago. Recently the display started
> to act strange. I have always used the full/large text, but recently
> the top half of the line of text is cut off. I don't know what would
> have changed. Do you think this is something wrong with the squeezebox?

Sounds like a hardware failure. Please contact support at slimdevices dot com.

Michael

zen2000
2008-01-26, 18:45
I bought my squeezebox about a month ago. Recently the display started to act strange. I have always used the full/large text, but recently the top half of the line of text is cut off. I don't know what would have changed. Do you think this is something wrong with the squeezebox? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

I have had mine about a month also and the top half of the display is cut off and flickers.Disconnecting the power for a couple of minutes restores it back to normal for two days but the problem eventually starts again.

snarlydwarf
2008-01-26, 18:47
I have had mine about a month also and the top half of the display is cut off and flickers.Disconnecting the power for a couple of minutes restores it back to normal for two days but the problem eventually starts again.

That sounds like a heat related issue, most likely something like a cable connector getting warm and losing partial connection when warm.

I would contact support: that's why there is a warranty.

zen2000
2008-02-07, 06:35
The display was bad and they put a new one in.

autopilot
2008-02-07, 07:14
I had this with mine, i thought was just early models. You will find its heat related (after its been on for a while).