PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody Files

bopyanker
2008-01-04, 09:47
I can't get my squeezebox to play the music I bought from rhapsody unless I connect with squeezenetwork. It shows the folders but it says they're empty.

andyg
2008-01-04, 09:49
You cannot play music purchased and downloaded from Rhapsody, only music available through Rhaspody Direct. The DRM format is different.

bopyanker
2008-01-04, 09:55
You cannot play music purchased and downloaded from Rhapsody, only music available through Rhaspody Direct. The DRM format is different.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I was beginning to think something was set up wrong. If I insert CD's I burned from rhapsody would it recognize them so that I could compile a playlist from them?

andyg
2008-01-04, 10:02
Sure, you can always burn and re-rip CDs into FLAC (or whatever other format).

bopyanker
2008-01-04, 10:11
Sure, you can always burn and re-rip CDs into FLAC (or whatever other format).

Thanks again, now I can begin to fully enjoy this great device. This is turning out to be the best gift I got for xmas.

thing-fish
2008-01-04, 13:39

Andy, I haven't upgraded to the SqueezeCenter beta yet (since we bought an actual Squeezebox my family uses the collection a lot more so I'm not allowed to mess with it as much as I used to, in the name of stability).

I've read that Squeezecenter has better Rhapsody integration; is it still the case that it will be playing Rhapsody tracks via streaming and/or will you be able to integrate Rhapsody tracks with your local tracks?

andyg
2008-01-05, 08:59
SC7 lets you play Rhapsody Direct without switching to SN, yeah.