PDA

View Full Version : Last.fm not appearing in Slimserver

lizhs
2008-01-03, 01:07
I've been struggling for ages to try and get last.fm playing through my squeezebox. I understand that if I go through Slimserver Server settings / Internet Radio, "Last.fm" should appear as one of the default listings? It doesn't for me. I have 6 items listed there, "Live Music Archive" first, to "Slim Picks" last. I've downloaded the latest last.fm and slimscrobbler plugins. help?

Rasso01
2008-01-03, 02:20
Are you running SqueezeCenter 7.0

lizhs
2008-01-03, 13:00
no, SlimServer 6.5.4. SqueezeCentre looks a bit scary, I don't think I'm techy enough to get through the installation issues =(

th00ht
2008-02-24, 13:59
I had to look twice for this to find it. On the SlimServer webinterface I select ServerSettings and the select Plug-ins from the list. Than below the list of all plug-in names I have a section MUSICMAGIC HTTP-PORT followed by a section LAST.FM / AUDIOSCROBBLER. This is the section you are looking for.

Something to check:
1) did you copy the complete tree in the download to the plugin folder
2) did you restart the SlimServer?

iPhone
2008-02-26, 12:28
I've been struggling for ages to try and get last.fm playing through my squeezebox. I understand that if I go through Slimserver Server settings / Internet Radio, "Last.fm" should appear as one of the default listings? It doesn't for me. I have 6 items listed there, "Live Music Archive" first, to "Slim Picks" last. I've downloaded the latest last.fm and slimscrobbler plugins. help?

Sure sounds like the plugin is NOT installed. First suggestion is to review the Last.FM plugin instructions under Pluggins/Audio Pluggins/Last.FM and follow the instructions for version 6.5.4

Verify your directory structure is correct and that all needed pluggin files are present. Make sure you have the pluggins checked active and your username and password are filled in under the SlimServer GUI. If the section has not showed up, close and restart SlimServer. If No Joy, try below.

Next was the odd part for me to get it to work, but this fixed it. I had to close SlimServer, remove power from my SB3, shutdown my PC, power up the SB3, Boot the PC, start SlimServer, and everything has been happy since.

If still No Joy, now check again under Server Settings/Internet Radio to see if the password section has showed up. If yes, fill in your username and password, exit out, and re-start SlimServer. If no, the problem is most likely incorrect directory structure or a file that did not get moved over during the plugin install or was placed in the wrong sub-directory. Re-review the Plugin instructions and carefully verify files and directory structure. If sure they are correct, try going throught the shutdown/startup again.

Once I had all the files and directories correct, it took one boot cycle for me to get the Username/password Last.FM section. Once I filled them in and saved them, one more boot cycle had everything up and running. Several members advised that all I needed to do was close and restart SlimServer at that point, but that just never helped me. It certainly can't hurt to try just restarting SlimServer after one has the User/Password section saved.