PDA

View Full Version : failure to update retag/rename from J. River to SS

Shredder
2008-01-02, 08:45
Morning.

I use J.River as a music manager and to retag/rename. WHile I love JR, SS does not seem to like it. When I do simple renames in J.River,i.e. delete "the" from a band name or correct song titles, the changes show up immediately in JR but do not show up in SS even if I rescan my entire library. Any ideas?

BTW, I am using SS 6.5.4 in Vista. I will soon be adding a Thecus 5200Pro NAS and will be running 6.5.5 on that (and 7.0 when a Thucus module comes out).

Thanks.

funkstar
2008-01-02, 09:45
Have you tried "Clear library and rescan everything"?

J. River probably isn't changing the time stamp on the files (which is a good thing) when it updates the tags. Slimserver uses the time stamp to determine if the file has changed.

Shredder
2008-01-02, 09:53
I have tried rescan everything and it has not helped.

aubuti
2008-01-02, 12:11
Try stopping slimserver, deleting the cache file, and then restarting. When it restarts it will have to rebuild the database cache from scratch. Sorry, but I don't know one finds the cache file on a Vista system.

Also, if your files are MP3 make sure that you don't have multiple versions of ID3 tags on the files (eg, ID3v1 and ID3v2). When you have overlapping/conflicting information like that different programs will give different results. Also check for APE tags. I don't know if J. River allows you to check this, but tagging programs like mp3tag can do it for you.

Shredder
2008-01-02, 13:14
Thanks Aubuti.